Avantis freezing

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Avantis freezing

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of soundfox soundfox 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tperk005
    tperk005
    Participant

Since we upgraded to 1.10 back at the end of March, every now and then our Avantis will completely freeze up forcing us to do a forced restarted. It happens at really random times, no rhyme or reason to it. But usually after about 2 hours is when it would freeze. At first I thought it might be a networking issue. Originally had other computers on the same network and after some tests, running it without the network cable was the only thing that caused it not to freeze. So I set up a completely new network with just the Avantis and an iPad running the mix app. Ran the console for 7 hours a few days ago and had absolutely no issues. Today, after about 4 hours, the board decided to freeze again.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Sweetwater/A&H have suggested restoring to factory settings and try to downgrade the firmware back to 1.03.

Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

Hi @tperk005

We had the same issue from now and then. But it never happened during a show luckily. I hope that the 1.11 firmware upgrade will be available soon.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

V1.11 should be out soon, however the fact the mixer was not freezing when disconnected from the network points to a possible network conflict. Was the recent freeze just with iPad and router?

Before downgrading I would suggest opening a ticket with our Support team, giving as much detail of your network setup as possible. IP address and subnet of mixer, router, and any other device on the network, also DHCP range of the router or server.

Profile photo of Florian Steppke
    Florian Steppke
    Participant

Did the firmware update solve the problem?

Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

Hi @Flow Steppke

We had no crash since then. But with version 1.10 it happend only from now and then. So it is difficult to say. But I think Yes. It is solved.

Profile photo of micah@utm
    micah@utm
    Participant

I just had an Avantis freeze up on me (firmware v1.11). We haven’t had it long enough to run a session or show with it. I’ve just been going through menus acquainting myself with everything. We did install a Dante 128×128 card and connect it to the network via said Dante card a few days ago. At the time of freezing, I think I had a couple of Routing menus open and moved two faders simultaneously, but I should think that’s a pretty light load for the processing power in this machine. At any rate, v1.11 still freezes, at least on our desk.

Florian Steppke
    Participant

My Avantis v1.11. with Dante 64×64 also freezed 3 times. No lan involved. Audio is still passing.

Profile photo of tperk005
    tperk005
    Participant

I went back down to V1.03 about a 2 months ago and have since had zero issues with the console. On V1.10 it was freezing up every other week pretty much. But back on V1.03, it’s been running like a champ. So I’m going to go with V1.10 being the issues for sure.

Florian Steppke
    Participant

Ok i downgraded to 1.03. Now all the old bugs are back. I hope that the freezing issue is gone for now and a&h is working on a solution.

Florian Steppke
    Participant

Maybe someone from a&h could give a hint if there is a solution for the freezing problem. A new firmware update or whatever.

Profile photo of soundfox
    soundfox
    Participant

Avantis updated to 1.11 – loads the last open scene when turned on and freezes when trying to edit. If I call up any scene after turning it on, there will be no freezing. So far this has not happened to me on any other (SQ, GLD, QL, CL, Si, …) console. During operation, it sometimes happens that the displays respond slowly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.