Aux Send Config Change Worries

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Aux Send Config Change Worries

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pilotfred
    pilotfred
    Participant

I need to change the setup of my SQ6 to switch a few of the stereo aux sends to mono. I understand how to do it…. but I just want to know if there is any chance this could have unintended consequences? I just have a nagging feeling that I read somewhere this could prevent loading scenes or something like that?

Thanks!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@pilotfred

If you only want to do this temporarily, you could simply set pans at centre and patch only the left (or right) of the mix to an output socket.
    Where this wouldn’t work is with stereo input channels, the workaround being to use the stereo width control to mono them.

BUT – No you shouldn’t have any issue altering the mix config before loading up scenes. Channels will be sending at the same level and the all mix processing will remain the same.
    Just be aware that once you store scenes again, you will lose any panning data from before. You will probably also want to go over your output patching as if you patch sequentially, you’ll have gaps from all the Right channels that don’t exist any more (the left channels will become the mono output).

Thanks,
    Keith.

pilotfred
    Participant

Thank you!

These stereo aux sends have never been used… so we’re good to go!

Fred

pilotfred
    Participant

Ok, I now realize I asked the wrong question. I should have asked about converting groups into aux sends. My board is in the default configuration of 8 aux sends and 4 groups. I’d like to change the setup to 11 aux sends and only one group. Any concerns about the validity of saved scenes?

My apologies for the confusion.

Fred

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @pilotfred

You can change the configuration of your Aux/Groups in Setup – Mixer Config – Bus Config.
    These changes are at a core level, and therefore they cannot be switched between scenes. When moving across your scenes, Mixer Configurations will remain the same.

Should you wish to review more details on this, you may refer to pages 70 and 71 of the user guide: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

Cheers!
    Rafa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.