Aux Routing „post delay“ for AMM Use

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Aux Routing „post delay“ for AMM Use

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of oTon oTon 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oTon
    oTon
    Participant

Hello, I’m normally creating N-1 Feeds for Livestreams with AUX Sends , switched post Fader and „post delay“ on a SQ to make Shure the AMM also effects the Livestream … as I understand, the Routing on the CQ is fixed to „post EQ“, with no Compressors and no AMM … is there a way to change this to „post delay“, or is it planed to implement it in the Future ?

Profile photo of oTon
    oTon
    Participant

and i don´t want to hear “buy an SQ” as an answer … 😉 … a Mixer dedicated to small Jobs / industrial work should be able to do that … But as i read the Block diagram correct, the only point at the Moment for Aux Sends is Post PEQ / PRE Comp … A&H are you hearing me ??? There are 7 possibilities to route the recording, but only one for AUX ?

Profile photo of oTon
    oTon
    Participant

As nobody seems to have a clue, could maybe a admin chime in and answer my question? i love to buy a few CQ´s for a facility in germany, but there are some things that a have to check first.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

As nobody seems to have a clue, could maybe a admin chime in and answer my question? i love to buy a few CQ´s for a facility in germany, but there are some things that a have to check first.

and i don´t want to hear “buy an SQ” as an answer … 😉 … a Mixer dedicated to small Jobs / industrial work should be able to do that … But as i read the Block diagram correct, the only point at the Moment for Aux Sends is Post PEQ / PRE Comp … A&H are you hearing me ??? There are 7 possibilities to route the recording, but only one for AUX ?

First, let me say that you asked a very specific question in a “user group” on a new product that is marketed for its “ease of use” (ie for less advanced uses) and yet you seem to be upset that you haven’t gotten a response in 36 hours! Did you bother to ask A&H this question through their official support site (https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb). Although you should be warned that their stated response time is 3 business days. Apparently that is going to be too slow for you.

Second, it seems that you have done your homework and actually have your answer – it’s just not the answer you want to hear. (Well only A&H can answer if this feature request is planned for the future, but their policy is to typically not comment on future features/products, so it is no surprise that you haven’t gotten a response from them). I will say that if any “Mixer dedicated to small Jobs / industrial work should be able to do that”, it should be easy to find an alternative product. Good luck…..

Profile photo of oTon
    oTon
    Participant

@brian, im just a bit impatient 😉 … but i got my answer through various channels … so at the Moment, it is not possible. I also wrote it in the feature requests, as in my opinion, it should be easily doable, as it also works in the bigger desks, and the core software should be all the same. And although the CQ Series is a “easy to use” mixer, i think a lot of people would use it not in “Bar Band / Rehearsal Spaces” scenario but also as a neat little mixer for conferences and stuff, where simple livestreams often are part of the work, and where you just don´t need 24 channels + and no 16+ Auxes.

So A&H go for it 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.