AR2412 lock failure

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting AR2412 lock failure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dcongdon dcongdon 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Hello forumites

Just had a customer bring in their AR2412 with a complete I/O failure (mid show) and a distinct lack of signal lock. Obviously when I booted it up it locked and passed audio with no problem and had nothing of any note in the system log. I left it on soak for a day and with it still working fine I drew a line under it & suggested to the customer that it could be a cat5 cabling issue (they use cheapo solid core from an electrical wholesaler!).

However I’ve booted it up today and I’m getting no audio I/O and no system lock either with the AR2412. Unhelpfully the GLD claims it is locked to the AR2412 and has no Quality of Service issues, also with an AR84 connected through the expander port on the AR2412 I have audio passing so its not the network this time. Firmware is also current at v1.3 and I’m basically stuck. Anyone had this happen to them?

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

And to make life more confusing it has just re-established a connection and is now passing audio. Nothing as much fun as an intermittent fault…

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

sorry to hear about the system failure. We haven’t run into issues like this with our GLD80 or AR2412. We use Rapco Duracat, solid core cat5e and it has never had signal lock issues. Have you contacted A&H to submit a ticket? I am very interested to hear how this turns out. Best of luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.