Adjusting gain for aux sends for IEM's

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Adjusting gain for aux sends for IEM's

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of aenuco aenuco 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aenuco
    aenuco
    Participant

I am having some difficulty figuring out how to get the channels loud enough for our in ear mixes. We have 7 aux channels for in ear mixes and they were working fine but recently we moved to using waves super rack for all our effect processing. It seems that the in ear mixes have lower output for the channels, though it sounds good in the room. I tried adjusting the gain for the channels while the aux is selected but it also adjusts it in the room. What do i need to do to, to get the channels louder in the aux?

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Consider reviewing page 40 in the SQ user manual which describes how to choose whether feeds are sent to your aux post preamp, post insert return, etc. Do you want the musicians to hear what is coming back before or after SuperRack?

My guess is that you are set up to do post-preamp and you’ve got some gain staging issues that are being masked by SuperRack processing. I would suggest bypassing all SuperRack processing and confirm you have correct gain staging before any SuperRack plugins are altering them. From there you can re-enable processing and decide if you want to sent to aux before or after SuperRack.

Profile photo of aenuco
    aenuco
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked and they were already set to pre fader but on that menu I also noticed a gain setting and was able to turn up the mixes individually. Appreciate the help though!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.