Action ideas!

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Action ideas!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TheRandyestRandy TheRandyestRandy 5 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob Briessinck
    Bob Briessinck
    Participant

Hey all!
    I’m fairly new to the Actions game (call it macros). Most consoles I work on didn’t offer this feature (yet) or I didn’t have to set them up/think about them. I think I won’t be the only one benefiting from having some ideas posted to this thread on what to use actions for? Things I though of are:
    – Bypass toggling inserts. ‘waves panic button’, autotune in/out on a vocal
    – toggling ABCD inputs quickly
    – toggling multiple gates for dynamic drum parts without scene automation
    – quick layout changes (FOH layer or MON layer without needing to use a DCA spill)

Feel free to drop other ideas below, one simple idea might cause many others!
    Best,
    Bob

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

– toggling ABCD inputs quickly

First thing I did was reprogram a bunch of soft keys to toggle between sockets A and B on various wireless mics. It’s a great way to have a backup transmitter without having to worry about keeping channel settings in sync, and switching to actions let me save myself from having a 2nd soft key to switch an input back to socket A (although, TBH, I mostly had that in case I was an idiot and hit the wrong button… if a show’s gone so wrong that the backup transmitter’s failed and you need to switch back to the hopefully-now-working primary while it’s all live, you’re probably past the “make it look slick & easy” stage).

I often do the same thing for people who move between multiple mics… I’m not going to claim there’s 0 difference between how they sing at guitar vs how they sing at piano, but it’s usually close enough that I find it easier to make any necessary tweaks than try to keep everything else synced between a couple channels (although maybe not anymore since we can gang Dyn8s now).

Profile photo of TheRandyestRandy
    TheRandyestRandy
    Participant

An option to fade or time function changes.

For example: My “changeover” action group key. Mutes inputs (I like how it “soft” mutes , unlike a hard mute group), unmutes MC mics and pushes them to 0db, unmutes house music and pushes the fader up. I’d love if the house music level change could be given a time to wait before firing.

Also make USB audio record and playback functions “actionable”. I would add “start recording ” to the “changeover IN” group.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.