Bluetooth instability after some time

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Bluetooth instability after some time

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TheAngryPenguin TheAngryPenguin 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Issue description: bluetooth playback unstable after a random amount of time.
    How to reproduce: I run the BT playback from either my bluetooth device (tried with Samsung phone, with iphone and Ipad), and after a while drops and fast playback and variable timing of the playback occurs.
    Conditions: I tried with Wifi at 2.4GHz and 5GHz after consulting the troubleshoot page at A&H. The issue is reproduced regardless of a Wifi device is connected or not.

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

+1
    I’ve experienced some playback issues too with Bluetooth to the point of not using it at all. All close proximity. Hopefully some kind of teething problem?

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

In retrospect, because I can’t edit my previous post, I might need to check a few other mobiles & iPads before I blame the CQ, I’ve only used iPads that probably had a few other processes running. Might even have been the app streaming the music to the CQ via the iPad, I think I’ll do a few tests today:)

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have used Bluetooth via my iPhone 13 to stream Amazon Music on a couple of shows using my CQ and to be honest, I haven’t had any drop outs etc. Very solid.

Profile photo of BigMerv
    BigMerv
    Participant

First time I tested at home it was perfect, definitely have to get to the bottom of it Lee!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@bigmerv,

Like all Bluetooth and WiFi, one day it can be reliable, but the next, a complete nightmare. The Wifi so far after several shows in varying venues has also been fault free. It is the app I have issues with…:)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, I decided to return the unit as groups (aka buses or subgroups) area most have to me and the Bluetooth added value was bad with three different streaming devices that have zero issues with all other Bluetooth speakers that I own (JBl Flip, Janra, Sony box, Spark 40, cheap gadget giveaways, etc.). So I decided to double down and get an X32 track instead.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

@Deco.
    You should have bought a QU-PAC!😀

Profile photo of TheAngryPenguin
    TheAngryPenguin
    Participant

*BUMP*

For the last few gigs, I have attempted to use BT for our “Break Music”. My CQ20B’s WiFi is set to 5G only (and it too has been working flawlessly). My iPhone 12 Pro has never been more than 20′ away from the mixer and my playlist has been downloaded to phone (to rule out a flaky internet connection). I need to set the BT gain to just slightly above 0%, or it will clip – BADLY. After only a few moments, the BT stream will become choppy for 10-30 seconds, and then it will play perfectly fine for a few more moments before the choppieness returns. Same behavior with a bandmate’s phone. This *VERY* frustrating, as we are now looking for an alternative solution that’s more reliable.

Any updates from A&H on improving BT playback?

Profile photo of Nati mix 2
    Nati mix 2
    Participant

It should be noted that I also have the same problem that the songs are in a hurry and the connection is not stable, it’s a shame that it’s not useful, that’s why I bought the mixer

Profile photo of Bracumba
    Bracumba
    Participant

I recently own a CQ-12T, a very nice piece of gear. But I must say; the Bluetooth needs a lot more TLC by A&H. Sometimes it stays on ‘initializing’ for ever, The ‘On’, ‘Discover’ en ‘Pin’ are almost randomly available. ‘Disconnecting’ an item already in the list is almost randomly not possible. Adding more devices to an existing list, is almost randomly not possible…. I stop experimenting and ‘factory resetting’ now. Too time consuming. I hope A&H will give this a lot of attention very soon.

Profile photo of TheAngryPenguin
    TheAngryPenguin
    Participant

BT issues resolved by refraining from using one of these: https://xvive.com/audio/product/u4-in-ear-monitor-wireless-system/ — might try again with the transmitter connected to a 20′ XLR cable and placed as far away from the mixer as possible…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.