-6 dB loss when sending Main mix to MTX

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting -6 dB loss when sending Main mix to MTX

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of joren.knieper joren.knieper 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of joren.knieper
    joren.knieper
    Participant

Hi,

Yesterday something strange happened. To give some context. I was mixing a show on an S5000 that is running on the latest software v1.98. I was sending my main mix to a stereo MTX by pressing the mix button on the MTX, and adding the “MAIN” to 0 dB.

When sending the MTX over AES / ANALOG via Surface or MixRack it resulted in a -6 deficit on the right side of the MTX. So 0dB on L and -6 on R. We first tried AES, because we thought it was a cable issue. Afterwards we tried Analog, but the issue persisted.

To fix this issue, I removed the MAIN mix in my stereo MTX and used the “EXT IN” and selected my “MAIN” as Source Select and the issue was gone. Is this the correct way to send your main to the MTX?

Is this a bug or am I just finding this out that I’ve been sending my MAIN mix not the correct way?

Kind regards,
    Joren Knieper

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I am always sending my mains to MTXs the way you described first. And never had any differences in volume between left and right.
    So the problem is probably somewhere else.
    Is the mains balance in the center? The pickpoint for “Ext in” is before the insert (see manual!), so this could be the reason.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

Sounds like you just panned the main mix in the matrix.

Profile photo of joren.knieper
    joren.knieper
    Participant

Hi,

To follow up, I did not pan my mix in the MTX. The issue was a random bug in the showfile. Only that showfile has it. Weirdly enough.

Have a good one!

Kind regards,
    Joren

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.