V1.30 Firmware and GLD Editor released

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions V1.30 Firmware and GLD Editor released

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sound Doctor Sound Doctor 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Allen and Heath are pleased to announce GLD Editor is now available for download.
    This is released with V1.30 firmware, which is required for Editor.
    For details of the changes please read the release notes.

As with previous GLD feature releases, V1.3 also incorporates new versions of GLD Remote and GLD OneMix for iPad. These new versions also provide support for iOS 7.

GLD Remote 1.3 has been approved by Apple and is available shortly from the app store. GLD OneMix 1.3 is still going through the review process and is expected to be available in the next few days.

If GLD OneMix is critical for your business, you should therefore delay updating your GLD to V1.3 or updating your iPad to iOS7 until a further announcement from Allen & Heath.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Excellent news! However the page appears to be broken :-(

“Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.”

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Great news! Although the link on the home page isn’t working and there’s no “editor” section in the “GLD Products” page. [:)]

Chris

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Hi All,
    As noted above, there are some issues with the deployment to the web site, hopefully they will be resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience…

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Downloaded and installed. [:)]

Chris

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

Downloaded, installed, done some off-line messing around.

So far I’ve managed to run it on 64-bit Vista, and via Wine on my Ubuntu 12.04 install (including loading a show file from USB) without crashing in either case.

Why? Because… [:D]

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Installed today. Pretty cool. Few quirks. Windows don’t size well on Win 7 laptop. Can’t resize. With overlapping windows, when you open a processing window like PEQ, then you can’t click on the knobs without that screen overlapping the PEQ window. Having 2 monitors extended would work but not practical on laptop.
    Screen favors QU16 upper part without touchscreen. I guess banks don’t switch to allow local operator to still mix without remote person messing with them, but faders do mix from editor. Few other things don’t function also. I like doing routing, PRE/POST, MIx on/offs. Nice having large screens to see other than the small screen on GLD Easier to read. Keyboard to enter names is nice. Not crazy about the way you select number fields in naming and other parameters. You have to mouse or touchpad up/down. And the Start/End thing is not real great. Those are first impressions…

GLD 80
    AR24/12

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

i checked out the offline editor yesterday! Great tool for preparing a show! i just miss the “COPY/PASTE” function! As well as the “RESET” button!

However.. thanks to the offline editor i could send a prepared show to a friend without using my GLD-Surface which is located in our storing place!

Go on A&H! (Qu16 Firmware next! ;D)

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi eotsskleet

You can copy and paste various parameters by right clicking on buttons in the surface simulation.

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi eotsskleet

Copy/Paste/Reset are availible on Editor using the right click menus. From the help manual:
    “Right click any ‘Sel’ button to copy, paste or reset the associated processing parameters.”
    “Right click any ‘Mix’ button to copy, paste or reset the mix levels and routing (does not affect Pre/Post settings)”

Furthermore, Copy/Paste/Reset works with Preamp/Trim, HPF, Gate, PEQ, Compressor amd GEQ by right clicking in the processing section when a channel is selected.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks!

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Please check on fix for better screen control. Sizing windows and ability to adjust controls without processing window disappearing. Otherwise happy. I see the naming thing is being addressed on another thread. I figured that out but clumsy. Something are more difficult with the data entry knob.

GLD 80
    AR24/12

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

Installed, work correctly via Wi-fi and LAN.
    It will be very cool if a “mirror” option will be avaiable, for example, if i open an EQ windows on GLD, it opens also on laptop.
    bye.
    Luca

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What about the USB side of the Memory/show window? Can’t seem to get that to work. I am inserting a USB drive that I use on the GLD surface. Has shows and audio on it..

GLD 80
    AR24/12

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You need to go into the editor preferences and tell it where to look for the flash drive.

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.