Help :( Touchscreen problems T112

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Help :( Touchscreen problems T112

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rexeltw Rexeltw 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kgangapersad
    kgangapersad
    Participant

HI All

I’m due to have a system running at a show by Friday moring and I’m having problems with my touchscreen in that it does not respond to any touches.

I’ve connected the keyboard and mouse and the pointer keeps snapping back to the bottom left of the screen.

I called American Music & Sound, they got me to reset the console etc with the dip switches, but nothing worked. They then said that maybe the screen is being pressed at the left bottom in some way and that they can’t do anything else (no I’m not complaining, they were good!)

I removed the back and lightly slackened the screws that holds the screen but still nothing [:(]

I’m bummed because this is my third large console from A&H and I bought this because the VCAs on my ML4000 started giving problems……..(my GL3300 also had to have the faders replaced)

I don’t mistreat my equipment, all are covered and in proper cases etc.

No I can’t cross-rent because there aren’t any other iLives around and the cost would be preventative to rent otherwise……….

I’m bummed because I’ve been gearing up to buy a Dante card and a GLD……………now I’m not so sure [:(]

Can anyone out there help please????

PLEASE!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??

btw I’m currently in Trinidad, West Indies

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI, In my daytime job i work on copiers with touchscreen and when the screen is not working it is indeed some dirt under the edges who touches on the screen.( that’s because they are not multitouch)
    I use a piece of paper and gently place it between the screen and the cover an slide it upwards to remove any particles.

As a solution you could run a laptop as touchscreen computer , DL5000

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kgangapersad

HI All

I’m due to have a system running at a show by Friday moring and I’m having problems with my touchscreen in that it does not respond to any touches.

I’ve connected the keyboard and mouse and the pointer keeps snapping back to the bottom left of the screen.

I called American Music & Sound, they got me to reset the console etc with the dip switches, but nothing worked. They then said that maybe the screen is being pressed at the left bottom in some way and that they can’t do anything else (no I’m not complaining, they were good!)

I removed the back and lightly slackened the screws that holds the screen but still nothing [:(]

I’m bummed because this is my third large console from A&H and I bought this because the VCAs on my ML4000 started giving problems……..(my GL3300 also had to have the faders replaced)

I don’t mistreat my equipment, all are covered and in proper cases etc.

No I can’t cross-rent because there aren’t any other iLives around and the cost would be preventative to rent otherwise……….

I’m bummed because I’ve been gearing up to buy a Dante card and a GLD……………now I’m not so sure [:(]

Can anyone out there help please????

PLEASE!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??

btw I’m currently in Trinidad, West Indies

Here’s a copy of a post that could possibly be of help to you. A&H support could help you with this. NOTE: SBC is the touchscreen computer.

Good point Rexeltw.

Yes you can run the recover SBC software on an external laptop in the event you do have an SBC failure.

This is included in the firmware package when you download it from the website. you will need to configure a PC laptop to be on a campatible and unique IP address. Run the DL5000SystemManager.exe and then when the connecion failed screen appears point the recovery SBC software at your surface and mixrack.

Note: this is recovery software only and not recommended to run along side the SBC in normal operation. Please use editor software for that purpose.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of kgangapersad
    kgangapersad
    Participant

Thanks so far guys………………but no dice for the touchscreen[:(]

So I tried the DL5000SystemManager.exe and it comes up – doesn’t fail or anything.

However, I’ve seen some discrepancies between the touchscreen and laptop e.g. there are no saved scenes showing on the laptop, they are still showing on the T/S.

The firmware versions show all to be the same but the time is not not the same.

Screen calibration button does not work – obviously [xx(]

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

Can’t state enough, raise a service ticket with A&H on their website. I’ve never had that specific problem but at least you can still run a show with an external SBC, albeit a clunky one or run the whole show on editor if you feel up to it.

On the bright side if you do need to change your SBC its a pretty simple job on a T112…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.