Direct Out Level

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Direct Out Level

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of clarocque clarocque 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Is there a way to do an independent Direct Out Level on my T112 or Editor without using the follow fader option?

I like that my GLD allows direct out level to control the DANTE signal and does not seem to affect the mix.

On my iLive, I have not found this option with out splitting the pre’s to different channels. I would like to do the same as I do on GLD, have a direct out level that does not change the FOH mix.

Anyone found this or is it not there on iLive?

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

I can’t speak for a surface but with the editor there are 8 options in the signal chain and follow fader and follow mute buttons so I think you can get what you want. In editor the super strip has a direct out rotary control above the fader so I’m assuming a surface has some way of setting direct out level.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

clarocque
    Participant

Thanks Scott (In editor the super strip has a direct out rotary control above the fader)… I missed that…

I will have to get back to my surface tomorrow and see… one would think it is in there somewhere – thanks…

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Try selecting ‘Mix rack Set-up’ and then tab ‘mixer preferences’ and see what you like there. You can change global output source, follow fader and follow mute.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

If your console is setup with the direct out above the pan you can use the rotary shift knob to temporarily control the direct out level. Not sure where the setting is in the console. I use this for dante all the time.

Jason
    T-112
    IDR-64 dual rack IDR-16
    Dante

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

I think I missunderstood what you were looking for. Maybe this is what you want…..
    Select the input, press the routing button under the screen, press tab ‘direct out’ and you have an adjustment for the direct out level separate from the fader strip.

Hope that helps.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Posted – 17/10/2012 : 15:33:25

If your console is setup with the direct out above the pan you can use the rotary shift knob to temporarily control the direct out level. Not sure where the setting is in the console. I use this for dante all the time.

Jason
    T-112
    IDR-64 dual rack IDR-16
    Dante

The setting for assigning direct out to rotary can be found by pressing the surface set-up button under the screen and then use the ‘alt view/rotary’ tab. This would give you some different options for rotary control use.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

clarocque
    Participant

Thank you all.. I was hoping it was an assignable option of the encoders.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.