Network Simulation?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Network Simulation?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello,
    I want to develop a Mixing App for Android (Phone+Tablet), but I don’t have access to an iLive/GLD system, so I wanted to ask if there is a network-server that simulates the responses I would get from a real iDR to check my development? [:)]
    Or is there a documentation for the ACE-control protocol?

Hope somebody can help me [:)]
    (You can also send me a iDR if you have one left [:D])

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

On the support site fromA&H there is a dokument with the TCP/IP control protocol. It’s based on MIDI messages transported over network.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes I know, I already implemented the TCP/IP Midi thing. But I still got 2 problems:
    1. I can’t test it (Ofcourse somebody else with an ilive system could test it but it makes it quiet hard to debug things)
    2. The documented TCP/IP protocol is very limited in function. You can’t even change an eq setting! [xx(]

But I think A&H won’t release an document about the ACE protocol?

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Why not asking them?
    Andy maybe they are interested as well in your Android Version of MixPad?

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I already asked them for a documentation of the protocol used for the iLive system, but they told me it’s a A&H internal document and there are not working on an android app :(
    I think I will be able to reverse engineer the protocol but it just takes a LOT more time.

@tk2k: no, it’s just the midi per tcp/ip protocol, which is only capable of changing values like volume, no eq or other stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.