FX third party?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions FX third party?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of vilddyr vilddyr 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know of any 3rd party FX that can be used in the iLive?

Cannot hurt to ask

Thanks,

Glen Clark,
    T112, iDR48
    The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hi Glen

There are many options. You can route an external FX unit on an insert to an IP, or you could feed it with an Aux and return it to an IP. Alternatively, you could install a sound grid card and use sound grid for external effects.

-d

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

-d
    I believe the op is asking about a VCM or Venue style system where 3rd party devs can create effects that work within the console.

The answer for that is no. But honestly the quality of the built in fx is very very high. Granted you can’t get the same klind of studio replication you can on, say a venue, internally, but with the abundant Dante and Soundgrid support you can do it with very low latency and without eating up Fxs like you do on other consoles.

To me it was one of the big stumbling blocks for going with ilive. Not for me personally, but in terms of rider acceptances with larger groups. There have been times we’ve been able to save on back line by just renting an fx…. Anyway hope that helps

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tcacfoh

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know of any 3rd party FX that can be used in the iLive?

That’s a good place to ask…[8D]

It is possible to insert any hardware FX with analog IO.
    Digital IO is limited to S/PDIF.

If you add a audio network option to your iLive then it’s up to you to build a system with different FX.
    One way is the Waves card, another is Dante with VST or something similiar. That depends on the software taken.

Keep always in mind that latency between the outputs and inputs could be an issue.

And there is no plugin system inside the iLive like in the Venues. Sorry.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16, Dante

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

That is what I thought. I know that i can add or insert an analog into the iDR. Also i can edit the FX that I have. Just curious.

Thanks,

Glen Clark,
    T112, iDR48
    The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of waveslive
    waveslive
    Participant

Hi Glen-

Please call or email me at scottp@waves.com. I’m in Knoxville, and would be happy to set up a demo for you. The M-Waves card offers 64 channels of bi-directional audio for record, playback, and processing.

Scott Pederson
    Sales Manager – Education and Live Sound – Americas
    Waves Audio, Ltd.
    Direct: (865) 909-9242

Profile photo of vilddyr
    vilddyr
    Participant

Hey Glen.

I have a complete waves setup with my iLive IDR48 rack, M-waves, R72 surface, Waves Soundgrid server, and waves platinum bundle. This is an absolutely amazing piece of technology, and I use multirack for both channel processing and FX, and I’m programming everything into scenes in multirack + use the setup for virtual soundcheck. I really can’t explain how much this has helped in achieving the things I want from my iLive rig.

@scott – if you ever need a showcase or demo in Denmark, I think I’m one of the only people here with an iLive/Soundgrid setup, and would be happy to tell everyone how awesome it is!

Regards, Tor

quote:

Originally posted by waveslive

Hi Glen-

Please call or email me at scottp@waves.com. I’m in Knoxville, and would be happy to set up a demo for you. The M-Waves card offers 64 channels of bi-directional audio for record, playback, and processing.

Scott Pederson
    Sales Manager – Education and Live Sound – Americas
    Waves Audio, Ltd.
    Direct: (865) 909-9242

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.