Outboard processor – post fader

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Outboard processor – post fader

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of blackrob
    blackrob
    Participant

I’m using an outboard processor (VoiceLive2 harmony generator) on a direct out.

I’d prefer this NOT to be an insert, as I’d like to record the unprocessed voice input (via Dante).

How do I get the direct out to be post fader? Should I assign it to a mono-group or an aux?

Thanks,

Rob

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by blackrob

I’d prefer this NOT to be an insert, as I’d like to record the unprocessed voice input (via Dante).

How do I get the direct out to be post fader? Should I assign it to a mono-group or an aux?

Thanks,

Rob

The Direct Output selection follows its global setting
    configured in the MIXRACK SETUP / Mixer Pref / Direct Output
    page. As an FX source this would typically be set to Follow Fader
    and Follow Mute.

Ray

Profile photo of blackrob
    blackrob
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Ok. I’ve got “Follow fader, Follow mute” set up and everything seems to work fine. The FX unit’s giving me some nasty mids, but I can eq that out!

You mentioned “FX Source”. Can I explicitly mark it as “FX”? At the moment it’s just a direct out from IP1, and a stereo channel in on IP7/8.

Rob

quote:

Originally posted by RayS

quote:

Thanks,

Rob

The Direct Output selection follows its global setting
    configured in the MIXRACK SETUP / Mixer Pref / Direct Output
    page. As an FX source this would typically be set to Follow Fader
    and Follow Mute.

Ray

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Hi Ray,

Ok. I’ve got “Follow fader, Follow mute” set up and everything seems to work fine. The FX unit’s giving me some nasty mids, but I can eq that out!

You mentioned “FX Source”. Can I explicitly mark it as “FX”? At the moment it’s just a direct out from IP1, and a stereo channel in on IP7/8.

Rob

[

You can name this as you want, although it’s an external FX, the Ilive knows only that it’s source is taken at this particular direct out…….I was quoting from the manual whereby if you use this direct out as an FX it should be logically setup as follow fader and follow mute …

Ray

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.