Multitrack record, & playback thru iLive…

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Multitrack record, & playback thru iLive…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dshriver dshriver 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mixerdad
    Mixerdad
    Participant

Hi, our church are new owners of an iLive set up. T112 & IDR48 with the MMO card to use our Aviom rig.
    I want to multitrack the band, then be able to turn around and play it back as a way to train our volunteers. (i realize i’ll have to configure a new scene for inputs on playback)

I recorded via ADAT outs (& a few xlr’s from the mix rack) into an M-audio 2626, then FireWire into ProTools. Recorded 24 chans all fine & dandy… Then I realized the ADATs are only OUTPUTS!!
    So I guess one of my best (cheapest) options is a Dante card. Dang I wish there were 2 slots on the MixRack!
    Is there another solution that I should consider?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1x T112
    1x IDR48
    MMO card
    4x Soundscape Red32

Profile photo of inlinemedia
    inlinemedia
    Participant

hi mixerdad!

i recommend to take a look on the m-waves card.
    it’s competitive to dante …

greetz,
    andee

andreas putz
    foh engineer
    office@inlinemedia.at

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

Hi Mixerdad,

I ran into a very similar problem with my setup. There is a work around to gain an extra slot, though its not cheap.

In your IDR-48 install an ACE card. The ACE card has 2 connections. Connect two xDR-16s to the IDR via ACE. Each xDR has a card slot. Put your MMO card in one and your Dante card in the other. That would give you another 32×16 physical IO, your MMO card and your Dante (or Waves, or ES, or whatever) card.

-d

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.