Eq frequency readout miscalibration

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Eq frequency readout miscalibration

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of frozenwaffles frozenwaffles 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m not sure if it is just my surface, but I have noticed that the led readout is substantially different to the actual frequency in the eq section. ie: selecting 5k, actually shows around 2.5k on the leds. All four bands seem to be misaligned.
    Anybody else noticed this?
    Cheers,
    Darren

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Is your EQ set to 20 Hz – 20kHz range?
    If so, then that’s the reason.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

mdsaudio
    Participant

Interesting! I’ll switch eq modes and see if it matches up.
    Is this a known bug that is on the “to do” list?
    Darren

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

surely not a bug if you switch to 20Hz-20Khz mode the legends which were not intended for that wide must be wrong, well it makes sense to me.[:D]

mdsaudio
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mr B

surely not a bug if you switch to 20Hz-20Khz mode the legends which were not intended for that wide must be wrong, well it makes sense to me.[:D]

Even within the bandwidth of each section there is a mismatch. I would prefer to see the leds track accurately within their intended range and then remain “pinned” at either end of their travel as you adjust past that point.
    I must admit I had never noticed this myself(I don’t normally look at the leds), a visiting band engineer pointed it out last weekend.
    Darren

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

If you are in 20-20K eq mode then just ignore the legend and know that the LED position now represents the full 20-20kHz range. Change back to normal mode if you have guest engineers or they will get very confused! Maybe an EQ overlay panel with graphics for 20-20k mode would be a good idea?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Could always look at the display on the PEQ page I guess.

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

i strongly aggree with the statement below….if you dont know that its in 20-20k mode, then it is very confusing!
    [/quote]
    Even within the bandwidth of each section there is a mismatch. I would prefer to see the leds track accurately within their intended range and then remain “pinned” at either end of their travel as you adjust past that point.
    I must admit I had never noticed this myself(I don’t normally look at the leds), a visiting band engineer pointed it out last weekend.
    Darren
    [/quote]

Current stock:
    T112, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 2x iDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 1x xDR-16

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.