Red firmware version cross

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Red firmware version cross

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of riggs1963
    riggs1963
    Participant

Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone else is getting a random red X re firmware version? It’s only been happening since 1.82….any ideas on why and/or how to stop it…

TIA

Dave

T112|iDR48+ACEcard|Laptop|iDR16|iPad|iPS10

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It’s not random in my case. I have always a red cross at firmware version if I connect my xDR to the system, but everything works flawless.

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of rreuscher
    rreuscher
    Participant

I noticed it also last weekend. There was suddenly the red cross. Never had it before. Indeed since 1.82
    In my case it also seems random.

Like Steffen said, luckily everything works fine.

Rene

Nothing is completly true, and even that’s not true.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Riggs

Do you know what event log message is being created when the red cross appears? and does it flicker on and off randomly?

I would suggest you save a copy of the event logs when the problem occur’s and then send them in an E-mail to A&H technical support. They should be able to diagnose what is causing the problem from the logs.

saving the event logs can be done by inserting a USB into the surface then navigating to Utility menu – diagnostics – event logs – then press the “store all logs to USB” in the top right corner of the screen.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

I’ve been getting the red cross more offer too. I’m still on 1.8 and the cross appears when I log on with tweak sometimes. When you look at event logs it disappears, and then you know all is good till it pops up again (rare).
    J

R72 & IDR32

Profile photo of riggs1963
    riggs1963
    Participant

Hi Sam,
    Which email address/where should I send the log file?

No, the red X doesn’t flicker…comes on and stays on….a further thought…if a scene created in a previous version that hasn’t been “store all” or “update”d in the current version is recalled, could that cause a conflict that would result in a red X?

Cheers

Dave

T112|iDR48+ACEcard|Laptop|iDR16|iPad|iPS10

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Riggs

Please Contact A&H customer support at: https://www.allen-heath.co.uk/support

Login and submit a helpdesk ticket.

Regards
    Sam A&H

SteffenR
    Participant

Sam, any news on that? Will you inform us?

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

happened to me last night. Then it went away after a little while. I will check the log today and see what it says the next time it happens and report back.

Glen Clark
    FOH The Church At Covington
    T112/iDR48/PL6

The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

Red Cross on Firmware was displayed on my console last night. Checking the log today and will also submit to tech support. Version 1.82.

CRJ
    Oswego, IL

T112 & iDR48
    Sony F 1.73GHZ I7 8 Core
    Win 7 Pro 500GB HD 8G RAM
    TP-Link WR1043ND
    Airport Extreme & Express
    Dante May?

Profile photo of tcacfoh
    tcacfoh
    Participant

when my x came up is when i hooked up the laptop to the network with the incorrect ip address. when i fixed it, the cross went away.

The Church At Covington Front Of House

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi steffenromeiss

Do you only get the red cross when the xDR16 is connected or do you get the Red cross all of the time?

Please include the answer when you Contact A&H customer support at: https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/Pages/support.aspx

attach a copy of the event logs and how your system is configured.

Support will then be able to directly support you on this problem.

Regards
    Sam A&H

SteffenR
    Participant

Different system without any xtras has it as well.
    iDR48 and T-112

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Steffenromeiss

There are many reasons why you may get a red cross next to the firmware status.
    This does not always mean that something fatal has happened to the system. The iLive system will use this tool to warn the user that an error of some sort has happened. This could be a physical cable issue or a software issue and the reason for the red cross will be logged in the system event log.

Because there are many different triggers for the red cross, it is the event logs that must be used to identify the cause. This is why we suggest you send a copy of the event logs to A&H support, they will then be able to tell you what caused the event log. Please also try and make sure you have correct Time & Date set in your system so we know where to look in the event log.

You can look in the editor help system for an explination of the types of Red cross error or the iLive reference guide part 2 firmware – page 92.

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive%20Reference%20Part%202%20Firmware%20AP6526-2_5.pdf

This should not have been caused by updating the firmware to 1.82.

Regards
    Sam A&H

SteffenR
    Participant

I was thinking the red cross came from a badly configured MAC bad it does not went away as the MAC was disconected.
    For this board we are already in contact with our distributor, because there are some other issues as well.

With my own system I have no issues, only the red cross after connecting the expander… but it works

SRV-AVB
    R-72, iDR-16, xDR-16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.