Output situation on idr 16 mixrack.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Output situation on idr 16 mixrack.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThomasL ThomasL 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BC-Produktion
    BC-Produktion
    Participant

Hey there !

I have planned to buy a ilive R72 with Idr 16 Mixrack, but have a problem becouse I need for a Tour I do every year 8 more outputs ! I know it can be done by a Idr 32, but for most I dont need the ekstra outputs !

Is there any way I can do this by having a Idr 16 an then maybe buy a plugin card of some sort ?? Or do You guys have a better Idea ?? Maybe by rent a Idr 16 More an do the together ???

Please let me know what You would do in my situation ????

Brian ….

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

You could buy an XDR-16 which would give you another 8 outputs. Might be cheaper to buy an iDR-32 though. There are a mixture of local outputs on the R72 but the mixture of TRS, RCA & SPDIF probably doesn’t help either.

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

For only once a year you could consider renting an iDR32, it would probably be easier than renting an xDR & the ACE card for your port B. Although if it’s a decent tour and it’s regular I’d say go for the iDR32 up front – it’s a worthwhile investment.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

I went for the 32/16 for my 72. I find it much more useful for a small added price – I´m sure prices differs a bit but I found the price difference small.

It´s hard to guess what gig you get offered in the future or what ideas the get on your current gig :-)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BC Produktion

Hey there !

I have planned to buy a ilive R72 with Idr 16 Mixrack, but have a problem becouse I need for a Tour I do every year 8 more outputs ! I know it can be done by a Idr 32, but for most I dont need the ekstra outputs !

Is there any way I can do this by having a Idr 16 an then maybe buy a plugin card of some sort ?? Or do You guys have a better Idea ?? Maybe by rent a Idr 16 More an do the together ???

Please let me know what You would do in my situation ????

Brian ….

There are several ways to deal with this depending on what you need exactly, first choice of course would be a larger mixrack, iDR32 is perfect….. however, if you already have adat to analog interfaces you could buy ($699) a M-MM0 Mini Multi-Out card with optical ADAT which would give you an additional 24 adat outputs ….of course you might also be able to get by using the 8 local outs on the R-72 even though they are TRS RCA and spdif ……you might also be able to “matrix” out the other outputs you need if you have a speaker processor, stereo in to multiple outputs……xta Klark or dbx etc…it really all depends on what your exact needs are for these extra outs……

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of jimvoyager
    jimvoyager
    Participant

In an ideal world I would have got an IDR 24 to go with my R72.
    As it is I have an extra 8 inputs for not much extra cost with the 32
    Considering the system capabilities and overall cost, I’m happy. I imagine as time goes on the available hardware will spoil us all for choice.

Jim

R72 & IDR32

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

You could also go with the M-MMO card and an iDR D-OUT or iDR OUT. That would add either 8 AES digital or 8 analog outs respectively. They connect via CAT 5 cables so you could put those outs at a different location which could be a positive side of these. The other positive would be size which is just one rack space. Costwise you’re up to around 1800$ US for the two so an xDR16 really makes more sense unless you really want the small footprint and remote location with 8 outs. (Or 16 with two iDR (D)OUT’s)

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad soon I hope.

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

If it was available I would too have gone with an iDR-24/12 in 4U of rack space. For me the 16 just wasn’t quite enough ins and outs especially as there are no stereo / aux returns as in a traditional analogue desk.

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of ThomasL
    ThomasL
    Participant

Hey BCProduktion,

the cheapest way – you got 8 Outputs on your R72 (4 x TRS, 2 x Phono, 1 x SPDIF (Stereo) – use them. The second way would be to buy a MMO-Card and some cheap ADAT Extender like the Behringer ADA8000. The third would be renting an xdr16 and an ACE-Card for this Tour.
    But always consider, that time moves on. I wouldn’t buy an idr16 if I had tours coming up. With an idr32 you have the ability to do twice the In- and Outputs – and the price isn’t THAT high. Just consider it. If you have the Outputs available – you find ways to use them :-)
    Regards,
    Thomas

In Use & For Rent
    iLive T112 / iDR48
    https://www.lange-ohlemeyer.de
    https://www.lange-ohlemeyer.de/blog

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.