Saving a group of channel settings

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Saving a group of channel settings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Piehead Piehead 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Hi again,

I’ve been trying to do this for a while but I’m kind of stuck.

I have complete band settings for the 3 different bands that we have. If band A are playing, I load up their settings from the scene library, if band C are playing I load up theirs. If however band A use band C’s drummer I have to first load up band A’s settings and then go to each channel in the drum kit (8 channels) and load up each one (kick, snare, hats etc. etc.). Is there a way that I can save just the 8 drum channels to a scene and then recall these so that they slot into a different band scene? I would like to load up band A (with the wrong drum settings) and then recall drum kit C. This would make things so much quicker.

Thanks

Piehead

T112 + iDR48

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

create a scene where only the channels you want are saved…lets say channel 1 to 10,
    open up scenes in editor select channel view (instead of processing view) there you can choose the channels 1-10 and save em,
    as you ,maybe,adjust over the show the gains of your channels,you have in editor also the possibility to “scene save” only the preamp settings (in our example you`ll take 1-10, scene safe means:the gains will be not included once you recall the scene.
    the “advanced” scene save can be found as well in the scenes window in editor.
    hope this helps

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Thanks,

Tried that and it works just as you say. However, I had a call from one of my engineers yesterday saying that the group of (drum) channels that he loaded in did not come through the DCA that they are normally allocated to. I checked the show and scene that I had given him in editor and found no problem. I need to do this test again on the surface but it this normal and can it be avoided?

Cheers [:)]

Piehead

T112 + iDR48

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.