multiple editors +surface..and pafl

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions multiple editors +surface..and pafl

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

When connecting to IDR + surface……what would be best for the editors to connect to….”online surface and mixrack” or “online mixrack” or either??? does it matter??

Also how do others address the pafl bus when there are 2 users (foh/mon)?

Thx

RayS

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

pretty sure you have to do Surface and Mixrack.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

is there an advantage to using one versus the other ?? I have connected to a “mixrack only” even when a surface was connected …….??

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Rays

Online Surface & MixRack
    When you connect Online Surface & MixRack, Editor will be linked in software to the surface and mixrack. Everything you do will be in sync and updated on both the surface and within Editor and all Show and scene recalls will apply settings to both.

MixRack Only
    When you connect MixRack Only Editor creates a virtual surface. Editor is not connected in software to the physical surface. This means you must make sure you match the virtual surface hardware setup with the physical surface so that you do not create any compatability issues.
    When recalling scenes and shows in Editor some surface settings will only be applied to the virtual surface not the physical surface. When recalling scenes and shows on the touchscreen some surface settings will only be applied to the physical surface and not to the virtual surface within Editor.

Because there is no software connection between an Editor session and the physical surface when in MixRack Only mode, it is possible to make the Editor session fully independant of the physical surface. To do this, the network connection between the Mixrack and the Editor session must not go via the network hub in the surface. If you do this the Editor session will remain connected even if the physical surface is disconnected or switched off.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth
    MixRack Only
    When you connect MixRack Only, Editor creates a virtual surface. Editor is not connected in software to the physical surface. This means you must make sure you match the virtual surface hardware setup with the physical surface so that you do not create any compatability issues.
    Regards
    Sam A&H

Thanks Stealth, so, R-72 /R-72 , T-80/T-80 etc… ???!!

also, with connection to mixrack only, that would be the one to use for Foh/mon application where only one surface at foh would be used……..that would keep both set-ups independent of each other??

thanks

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Rays

quote:

Thanks Stealth, so, R-72 /R-72 , T-80/T-80 etc… ???!!

Yes make sure you match all hardware exactly the same. If you are using a modular iLive system then you must match all modular options e.g. RAB module, option cards, I/O cards etc.

quote:

also, with connection to mixrack only, that would be the one to use for Foh/mon application where only one surface at foh would be used……..that would keep both set-ups independent of each other??

Not necessarily You have to remember when running Editor along side a MixRack and surface the Editor is not a completely seperate surface, some parameters are still linked as you are connected to the same MixRack.
    You could still connect fully online and use the custom strip layout in Editor to setup your channel layout how you want it. This is alot more flexible as you can have many more layers (Tabs).
    any mixrack parameter will still effect both the physical surface and Editor. The main advantage is that in the unlikely case you surface looses connection you can still have control via Editor with Mixrack only mode.

Sam A&H

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

Hi Stealth and thanks for your answer, I already use the custom layouts and that works great….but it might be a better way for me to connect the mon guy editor to mixrack only as I have the surface at foh!

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

The main advantage is that in the unlikely case you surface looses connection you can still have control via Editor with Mixrack only mode.

Sam A&H

hhumm, that brings more fuel to the discussion…….as I am at Foh, and rack is onstage…….

I would usually connect my editor to the hub on the surface……I guess I could go wireless with the router at the mixrack ?

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.