iLive Software V1.71

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive Software V1.71

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mrp123 mrp123 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

V1.71 is now available for download.
    It’s a maintenance release which fixes some issues with V1.70.
    Please note that iLive Tweak users should update Tweak to remain complatible with this (and V1.70) releases of iLive firmware.
    For details of the changes please read the release notes.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of mrp123
    mrp123
    Participant

I can’t download the Editor for Linux V1.71. I get an Error 404 – File or directory not found – when I follow your hyperlink. Is this a problem with your website or do we have to wait for a release of the Linux software?

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. The problem is that the IIS won’t serve files without an extension, it is not possible to set a MIME type specifically for files without extension. We don’t want to zip it as this has caused issues for some of our Linux users, what would you prefer (we are considering tar)?

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Profile photo of mrp123
    mrp123
    Participant

I agree that tar is a good, safe choice given your dilemma and caters well to the Linux users.
    It only adds the extra step for the user to untar the file first, which technically ought not be a problem for the user.
    As a courtesy, you could include a readme in the tar with tips for installation. For example, tips from your
    Linux thread or whatever.

As for what I prefer, I work in Linux and Windows, which helped the times I encountered zip files that don’t open well except in Windows (I don’t recall why, but it was explained to me at the time).
    And many Linux users avoid Windows, so…I’d say you’ve found your answer.

And thank you for your quick answer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.