iPad app at Plasa!!!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad app at Plasa!!!

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of htae htae 13 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

It sounds like a couple of you guys are now playing with the app. For those of us yet to see or play with it a question:

Would you think it be possible with the Ipad and App to run as personal monitor mixes for stage use in say a worship environment? If so how limited on the number of Ipads running for how many musicians could be set up to run different mixes?

I am sure this would be one of those maybe yet to be determined things but It would be interesting if say a 6 musician band could set up their I-pads and actually control their own monitor mixes—-or is the app that far advanced that it would allow for a way to keep musician”a” from playing with musician”b” and his mix or the “foh” as far as that goes.
    Any good way of locking the App on a particular Ipad to a particular set of channels and output?

Thanks for the contiunued learning, input and teaching on the forum!!!!

Jeff Flowers

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

There will be bugs, when are there not.

Playing with it so far, I have found a few, but I know this, A&H will work them out, I wont have to pay for an update, and I have an amazing setup.

FYI I forced a bunch of apps closed on the task switcher dock and have had no more issues with memory warnings. Only one so far.

I get this same warning with a lot of apps, especially the really powerful useful ones, very rarely a major issue.

If the the app crashes, restart it. Not like the rack is crashing and your show is ending.

I plan on having my editor running at all times for emergencies.

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32; T-80/iDR-16; iPhone; iPad

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Finally, the app is out. I have purchased it, and been playing with it all afternoon. Kind of disappointed on a couple of things. (Hopefully these things will change with updates.) Really disappointed with no scene recall/save. Hopefully this is not an attempt to prevent people from not buying a surface. People will still use a laptop/ipad combo. Soft-keys would be great for tap delay. PFL, and talk-back would be nice for full wireless mixing capabilities. Please A&H, we hope to see these features added. Hopefully in due time. Other than that, the app looks and feels fantastic. Still think its worth the $100. Thanks A&H.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

Dude, its the first version. At least now you have something to write suggestions about! Dont be dissapointed, be grateful! iLive offers so much for so little money!

Profile photo of CallumB
    CallumB
    Participant

I have been playing with it a bit, and have has the memory errors mentioned, I found the rebooting the iPad and opening mix pad only is a good way of preventing it.

Looks like I wont be needing a console for some smaller gigs now!

Callum Brieske
    ML Consultants
    New Zealand

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by VOLCANOJEFF

It sounds like a couple of you guys are now playing with the app. For those of us yet to see or play with it a question:

Would you think it be possible with the Ipad and App to run as personal monitor mixes for stage use in say a worship environment? If so how limited on the number of Ipads running for how many musicians could be set up to run different mixes?

I am sure this would be one of those maybe yet to be determined things but It would be interesting if say a 6 musician band could set up their I-pads and actually control their own monitor mixes—-or is the app that far advanced that it would allow for a way to keep musician”a” from playing with musician”b” and his mix or the “foh” as far as that goes.
    Any good way of locking the App on a particular Ipad to a particular set of channels and output?

Thanks for the contiunued learning, input and teaching on the forum!!!!

Jeff Flowers

JEFF FLOWERS
    VOLCANO ADUIO PRODUCTS
    SHEPHERDSVILLE KY-USA

Hi Jeff – if you were to set up custom strips & have just that musicians aux send on the strip (and they can take orders and not mess with it!) you could just select their mix & hide the rest of the mixes – not sure if you can lock it that way, but as ling as they don’t double tap another channel they should be safe.
    iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

Hi All,

A couple of questions for some of you app users…

What happens to your settings if you accidently brush your hand over the screen?

With regards to memory errors what size iPad are you using? I beleive you can get 16, 32 & 64gb. Does memory size make a difference?

For those who do not own an iPad yet is it worth waiting for the “soon to be released” iPad2?

Finally, its £59 here in the UK which seems about the right price to me bearing in mind the possible loss of hardware sales that has been mentioned.

Cheers,

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Hi Gary,
    I’m using the 16gb iPad, but memory issues usually are about processor memory not storage, so I don’t think that is the issue (I’ve cleared 5gb of space recently, so it’s certainly not full). As mentioned earlier if you clear all the background apps on the task switcher it does seem to run better. Also a reboot of the hardware after you initially install it would be a good idea (it seems to help with lots of intensive apps).
    As with any touch driven tablet, if you bump something you may very well change it, but you do actually have to touch the fader itself (not just the general area of the fader) to get it moving, so it’s just a matter of being careful (the same way you wouldn’t lean on the faders on an analogue desk).
    The new iPad rumour mill has been going around what sort of stuff will be on board – so far as I can see the only possible benefit would be if they put a faster processor in (which most pundits say won’t happen this time around) – really stuff like SD card slots & cameras is window dressing for a pro user.

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hm i must correct myself,
    1. i logon with the pad-fine
    2. any mix (aux main e.t.c.) causes the app not to crash but to log off (i find it minimized therefore still running)
    3. but the app needs to logon again
    4. sam behaviour…iguess it must be a network setting not shure though coz editor works fine….

i had the out of memory issue as well but that is (well it disappeared) as soon i turned off all the other apps (double click on the pad button and the open apps appear on the bottom)

help apprechiated coz like this it is useless….PLEEAASE

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

One part of the iPad2 rumor mill is double the ram, which should make a difference to apps like this, especially considering the low memory warnings.

Is it worth it? Can you wait two to three months?

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32; T-80/iDR-16; iPhone; iPad

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

tried the multicast…did not help

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of Gerger
    Gerger
    Participant

Do you have set up an Email account on iPad? Delete the account, it will free some memory.

Profile photo of Bustamante
    Bustamante
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Biggsounds

I second that, it’ll be a minimal cost, and if it lives up to the hype you’re effectively buying a control surface for $600 odd – that would have seemed like crazy talk a couple of years ago ;)iPad2 case
    ipad 2 case leather
    iPad2 casesiDR32 mixrack
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

There is indeed a split screen, with 8 channels on top and 8 channels at the bottom. The top channels can also be replaced by a PEQ screen and such.

Profile photo of htae
    htae
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by john@eartsinc

Finally, the app is out. I have purchased it, and been playing with it all afternoon. Kind of disappointed on a couple of things. (Hopefully these things will change with updates.) Really disappointed with no scene recall/save. Hopefully this is not an attempt to prevent people from not buying a surface. People will still use a laptop/ipad combo. Soft-keys would be great for tap delay. PFL, and talk-back would be nice for full wireless mixing capabilities. Please A&H, we hope to see these features added. Hopefully in due time. Other than that, the app looks and feels fantastic. Still think its worth the $100. Thanks A&H.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

One part of the iPad2 rumor mill is double the ram, which should make a difference to apps like this, especially considering the low memory warnings.

car dvd

laptop batteries

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.