iPad app at Plasa!!!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad app at Plasa!!!

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of htae htae 13 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of riggs1963
    riggs1963
    Participant

Agree with Biggsounds…first go play around…very cool…this is going to be a very useful piece of kit…the use of an iPad as a functioning controller will be so cool…

Great that it states up front what it been designed for and what it doesn’t do…

Totally nails the M7 app…easy & quick to get around…in an altogether higher league…absolutely….

Forget that it cost a hundred odd smackers, would you really expect an app of this level to cost $20.00………..buy it and use it and enjoy what it’s going to let you do…hangin’ to get it out on a gig…

Well done & thank you….

T112|iDR48+ACEcard|Laptop|iDR16|iPad|iPS10

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by guyharris

€79??????? WTF?!

http://www.pianojam.nl

Didn’t you just spent over 2000,00 € on MADI equipment? :-)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

So now someone just has to spend some time getting a decent video together of it so anyone who is wavering due to the cost can see it in action!
    Seriously though, AU$750 for an iPad & app (even if you only used the tablet for this one purpose)… in context it’s pretty damn cheap!

iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of kubokovac
    kubokovac
    Participant

biggsounds – This is exactly what I think, I will buy iPad mainly for this purpose!

T112/IDR32/mac mini + iiyama Prolite T2250

Profile photo of guyharris
    guyharris
    Participant

@ Wouter: exactly. I don’t think it’s right to charge for the iPad app. The Editor software is free, iTweak is free, the equipment itself is not cheap. The Yamaha M7CL Stagemix is free, and the 01V96 is €12.

I am NOT a cheap arse in any respect: I think this should be free and part of the package, and I am not, in any way, impressed. We would need more than one copy of this, (probably 4) and I think it’s bang out of order to have to pay €320 for this app.

Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

I think considering you can now get a $600 control surface for iLive is very cheap. Makes sense especially considering they wont see $530 of that because its Apples hardware and they take 30% from the app.

I am going to be carrying around an iDR-16, Airport Express, iPad as a small mixing setup. I have some very repetitive gigs, I can configure on my surface or laptop, grab the rack and iPad and go. Worth every cent.

By the way you can install that app on as many ipads, just sign in with the Apple ID on that ipad and download again. I have two or three accounts worth of apps on mine and shared with multiple other devices.

Thanks A&H!

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32; T-80/iDR-16; iPhone; iPad

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

I just bought the ipad app and i don’t think that 75,00 is that much money.
    It has much more than the yammy app ( for now).
    It is indeed free but with all respect yamaha sells way more consoles than A&H so it is easier to give it for free.

keep up the good work A&H

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

Has anybody had problems getting MixPad to connect to their mixracks? I can use tweak on the same iPad to connect to my iDR32, but not MixPad. It will connect far enough to give me channel names and at least preamp information, but it just sits there with the screen grayed and the spinning dial in the center like it’s still trying to connect. I can’t actually do anything with it.

Profile photo of styler1982
    styler1982
    Participant

I have been sitting here playing with it connected to an iDR16 with no problems. I am running the editor as well on a laptop to tweak configuration and save scenes, etc.

You updated the firmware right?

Stephen Tyler
    Coordinator of Technical Operations
    ACM@UCO
    http://www.acm-uco.com
    iLive T-112/iDR-32; T-80/iDR-16; iPhone; iPad

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by msmelser

Has anybody had problems getting MixPad to connect to their mixracks? I can use tweak on the same iPad to connect to my iDR32, but not MixPad. It will connect far enough to give me channel names and at least preamp information, but it just sits there with the screen grayed and the spinning dial in the center like it’s still trying to connect. I can’t actually do anything with it.

are you using v1.80?

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

msmelser
    Participant

Firmware is on 1.8. I can connect with editor as well. I also just now got an error that MixPad used up all the iPad’s memory. It closed the app restarted it. I have tried two different routers, reinstalling the app, rebooting the iPad, and connecting to another mixrack that also has 1.8. . . out of ideas. . . still waiting on a call back from tech support. . .

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by guyharris

@ Wouter: exactly. I don’t think it’s right to charge for the iPad app. The Editor software is free, iTweak is free, the equipment itself is not cheap. The Yamaha M7CL Stagemix is free, and the 01V96 is €12.

I am NOT a cheap arse in any respect: I think this should be free and part of the package, and I am not, in any way, impressed. We would need more than one copy of this, (probably 4) and I think it’s bang out of order to have to pay €320 for this app.

As styler1982 mentioned (and some others )the mixpad is essentially a control surface in itself……….it cannot be compared to yamaha’s app…………..it can be totally configured independently form the console’s surface, use custom layers and, function as a standalone controller. With a yam you need a m7, with an ilive you only need a mixrack! that alone is worth the price of admission…..and, considering that with this app, A&H has definitely put a dent in the sale of their own products namely PL units and R-72s surfaces……I think it’s a fair price for what it is…..a very enviable package as far as other manuf are concerned……..and much of this for less than an Ls9 (no app for that though)…..

RayS

R-72/iDR32/iPS10

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

THE APP CRASHES WHEN I SELECT MIX…..

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced audionate is not delivering coz i am a frank zappa fan)

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by msmelser

Firmware is on 1.8. I can connect with editor as well. I also just now got an error that MixPad used up all the iPad’s memory. It closed the app restarted it. I have tried two different routers, reinstalling the app, rebooting the iPad, and connecting to another mixrack that also has 1.8. . . out of ideas. . . still waiting on a call back from tech support. . .

I’ve had that memory warning a few times too – I’ve also found it crashes a bit to start with, seems to run much better if you make sure you close all the background programs. Teething bugs I guess.

PS +1 on Ray’s post – I think there’ll be a lot of people seriously considering the ‘no-surface’ option with an app this powerful, and the PL surfaces are practically dead in the water as far as musician friendly personal mixers go, so it doesn’t seem such a high price to pay to keep A&H producing top quality kit.
    iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

msmelser
    Participant

Mine crashed with nothing else running in the background. . . might be kind of scary to run on something that tends to crash. . .

I guess that’s what you get when you try to hang out on the bleeding edge. I’m sure it’ll get better with time.

T112/iDR48/ethersound
    T112/iDR48/ethersound
    MacBook Pro/iDR32/ethersound
    T112/iDR32
    iPod and iPad

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.