iPad app at Plasa!!!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iPad app at Plasa!!!

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of htae htae 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

Any expected release dates yet? Got a gig in October that I would love to use this app for.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of frank
    frank
    Participant

I too have gig in the of October where I would love to use this app. From what I’ve been told, they will not release it for the next 2 months, as it is not yet stable enough to run a show on.

Frank

IDR32, PL10, Dell Latitute XT tablet
    Our adventures with this setup: https://gonnagles-engineering.blogspot.com

Profile photo of cjfryett
    cjfryett
    Participant

I too am pretty keen on this !! so its not gonna be for another 2 months….Frank I notice you use a Dell Tablet, is it doing the job or your waiting for the ipad app ?

Profile photo of frank
    frank
    Participant

I’ve just received the stuff, so I can answer your question when I’ve used it a couple of times on real gigs. The ipad will be superior when actually mixing because of the multi-input and battery life.

Frank

IDR32, PL10, Dell Latitute XT tablet
    Our adventures with this setup: https://gonnagles-engineering.blogspot.com

cjfryett
    Participant

still no news on this app aye ?

Profile photo of letmefix
    letmefix
    Participant

I’m able to fit 2 input windows on my tablet screen:1-32 for main house mix and 33-64 for monitors. I also have custom strip window and stereo matrix list(tops/subs/center fills) stand alone. Everything fits nicely on my motion computing LE1700. It is essential to have direct access to all input faders all the time. I’m not convinced yet any ipad editor will be able to beat tablet pc & pen combination. Yes, I can only do/move one thing at a time, but it looks like you can only move 2-3 faders at a time on ipad and they must be located in the same 8ch group.(I only saw yamaha’s app at this point.)

So, I can’t wait to hear more about this tactile control solution.

For those who cannot afford surface control(like me) and have to do everything from a tablet, life is a little bit different than those who only have to use computer while line checking/monitor eq’ing. So, I’m still not convinced how this ipad solution will change my vision.

I still think it is more important to release an iMonitor app for iphone. A&H will be clearly distinguished from the rest of the market with that option. We have tons of musicians with iphones and when you do things from a tablet pc if you can let 2-3 people do their own monitors from the stage, it helps a lot while mixing a 15 piece band with 7 wedges+2 IEMs.

Since I switched to IDR32 from LS9 I asked the keyboard player to bring his netbook and I let him adjust his vocal and keyboards in his monitor.
    There are so many different situations/scenarios where letting a musician do his/her monitor mix can lead to trouble, however it is one heck of option if we had it!!!

I haven’t seen A&H ipad app yet, therefore my expectations might be wrong. So 2 more months we will all know.

IDR32
    Motion computing LE1700
    Where is my DANTE & iMonitor?

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

OK A&H, it’s now 29 minutes into November… so what’s the scoop on the new iMix (or whatever it’ll be called) iPad app???

Yer killin’ us here! Ya gotta give us SOMETHING… Screen shots… Feature list… Hint at release date… Anything!

Sincerely (and paaaaaaatiently) yours,

Ian

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i am also full of patience (aaaarg)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

cjfryett
    Participant

any news or update on this ??

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hello All

I’ve never seen such enthusiasm!

What can I say that won’t land me in trouble…

We’re working on it, its going into BETA shortly.

Before everyone offers to help, we’re fine testing it at A&H ;-)

The problem with committing to a release date is the Apple review process takes a variable amount of time, and we need time to change any code they don’t like, then resubmit the application for approval.

As a finger in the air, the absolute earliest you’ll see it on the iTunes store would be early / mid January.

This doesn’t mean it will be released then, it just means our best estimate is you won’t get it any sooner than this.

I hope this helps, I’m sorry its non committal, but the test phase and the Apple latency make it impossible to predict an exact release date.

Keep being enthusiastic !

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i wanna be a beta ,i wanna i wanna be a beta….

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (i am convinced there is a yamaha conspiracy against the release of the dante )

Profile photo of Ian-Auger
    Ian-Auger
    Participant

Hey A&H… any news on the expanded iPad app?

Ian

cjfryett
    Participant

Yes A&H any news ??? how can we get a beta ?

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

All…. a little birdie told me, “its coming soon”. Maybe NAM, I dont know? I do know that I have seen this app in person, held the ipad in my hand and used this app for a moment. ITS AWESOME. Good news is, its close. Stay tuned!

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of Joe90
    Joe90
    Participant

So, with the iPad app hopefully arriving shortly is it worth waiting for the iPad2 as rumours are this will be out around March time? Are there any benefits of the iPad2 as I beleive there is going to be USB port, possible camera and you are going to able able to run more than one app at a time according to hearsay.

Even if it is not benefitial to get the iPad2 its release may drive down the cost of the original…

Cheers,

Gary.

Gary.

iDR-32
    Motion Computing LE1700
    iPad – sometime soon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.