Wireless router setup for system processor too

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Wireless router setup for system processor too

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gilparente gilparente 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

My system processor (Sabine Navigator 4800 if important) can also be controlled remotely via CAT5. This has me thinking about setting up the laptop to control both the IDR48/ILive T and the Sabine either by wireless. The default address on the Sabine is also 198.168.2.xxx, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, and the default gateway is 0.0.0.0 in all cases. I am trying to think this through before trying to set it up. If I set up a wireless network using the default settings for the IDR48, T112, and laptop, what recommendations do any of you gurus have for what the default address of the Sabine should be, and does it matter if it has a higher or lower number than the IDR48? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Jon

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I think you should be fine with any address above or below the ilive address’s for the Sabine. I’m no network guru though so someone correct me if I’m wrong! I’ve gone the other way and changed my iLive default address’s to work alongside some AKG wireless control software I have that has a fixed subnet address on 192.168.0.xxx and that all works fine with my two ilive surfaces/mixracks all having unique address’s. You may want to leave address space for additional ilive units if you expand your iLive set up.

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

lawbass61
    Participant

Frustrating evening. Went and purchased a router and two wireless cards. However, couldn’t install the router driver software on the laptop because it wants to be hooked up first to a computer and modem that already has an internet connection. My laptop does have a wireless card already built into it, but when I plug the CAT5 cable into it it tries to use that as the internet connection so I lose the wireless connection. I will try again tonight.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

What a strange router you’ve got! Basically you just take a cable plug in in router LAN 1 socket, other end into the computer NIC. Router’s DHCP gives you an address, look in NIC properties what is a gateway address, type it in the browser and you’re in. Then you can change IP, range, DHCP clients numbers, etc. If you have 2 interfaces connected to one unit (WLAN and LAN) – it can have unexpected behaviors.

ddff

lawbass61
    Participant

Finally got the router, laptop, IDR and surface all together last night. Any suggestions on settings that I should select or unselect (like DHCP) on all of them? thanks in advance.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

I usually uncheck DHCP on my console, just so I don’t have any problems with my current network.
    I always check with the locations IT manager, before an install, and request a range of IP addresses that they can dedicate to AV. And then I just set all of the units to those addresses.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.