panning on stereo inputs

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions panning on stereo inputs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds dnxmirrorsounds 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fveirman
    fveirman
    Participant

First of all want to say how happy we are with our T112.
    Is it possble to change the panning on stero input channels. Since we are using a lot of cd tracks in the theatre here it sometimes happens that the sound designer wants to change the hard left and right panning.
    The only way I found now is using 2 input channels
    have a nice weekend, Filip

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

quite correct to my knowledge there is no pan or width on a stereo input only way I know would be to use 2 mono inputs.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

In an emergency (say one side of a stereo channel stops or is a different level) you can assign the stereo channel to a mono group and then use it’s level and pan to correct imaging. It would be good to have a width control on stereo channels though. Otherwise use two channels – if needed you can link the faders (ganging) and bury one of the channels in an unused layer so you can still access pan etc if needed.

Richard
    IDR48/T112

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Agreed, the other possibility, can the pan link in ganging be switchable to opposite as at the moment if you gang they both go to the same point. this would be an alternative as you can’t easily adjust the width if you have buried the second channel somewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.