Strips layout – “Missing” Mix select button.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Strips layout – “Missing” Mix select button.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Hi.

I´m on the T112 – 28 faders, mixing monitor on a 35 channel band + fx return with 11 monitor mixés running some mono some stereo.
    Due to the stereo channel feature I can fit my band in one layer.

What do you do with the “missing” mix select button? It seems crazy to use a strip only to have the mix select button up and it makes for a lot of flipping layers for each ajustment. Flip to Aux layer and pres mix, flip back ajust level, flip back turn off mix, flip back to main mix.

Using user defined keys I can get mixes the way I like it and the way I am used to from other consoles. Pres User key (asigned to mix X) make ajustment, pres user key for main layer. But I have 11 mixes and only 8 User keys and none left for other tasks. Splitting the band and haveing aux up in the first layer is not an option because I am doing FoH on this also in the fall and there I want mix mix up in layer 1.

I strongly feel that the controllers lack 24 mix select buttons and maybe 24 dials to go with that. I need simple “select, ajust” movement. I do not need a total strip and the features that comes with that to give the leads more kick in his ears etc.

Suggestions are welcome. A PL pack with 24 “easy to hit” buttons are welcome (maybe with dials)

Best from Tue Johannessen.

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

PL6 or PL10’s have soft keys that can be programmed to ‘select a mix’.
    The PL10 rotaries can be set up too.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Tuejo,

Rob is right, get yourself a PL10 (or two). I use one as a ‘sidecar’ for muting AUX and ajusting the master volume on auxes when mixing monitors.

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Hmm. I have looked into the PL features. I cant seem to get it to select either a channel or a mix?

The dropdown I get holds a lot of level up and down a mutes but no select.

I´m on ver 1.51. Help.

Best from Tue.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Tuejo

the PL control functions:
    Input Channel SEL
    Mix Channel SEL
    Input Fx SEL
    Mix button Select

are only available if you plug a PL device into the surface. You will not get these functions if you plug a PL device into the MixRack.

Unfortunately T-Series surfaces do not have PL-Anet sockets fitted so to use these features you will need an iLive surface.

Best Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Tuejo
    Tuejo
    Participant

Bummer :-) I was planning on running without surface at all! Back to the problem of fitting a 112-T into a airplane. That I need to do 20-30 times a year.

Plan B will be to get the Mackie MCU to control the Ilive editor.. or wait for you to build a controller that with lightweight flightcase goes below 51 pound/23 Kg.

Please take my money :-)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

“Unfortunately T-Series surfaces do not have PL-Anet sockets fitted so to use these features you will need an iLive surface.”

Yeah i agree Tuejo – Double Bummer! I was thinking of getting a PL6 or Pl10 to use with my T112 but as I will be unable to access Channel mix and Sel keys and would have to run a cable from the mixrack then I think it’s probably a no go’er for FOH use with the T series. I would like the Midi Spec to support channel Mix,PAFL,pan,& sel keys? Especially the Mix and PAFL keys. Also direct Midi in/Out support for the Editor software would make it possible to use external Midi Controllers with a wireless laptop. Can anyone from A&H reading this request comment on weather this might be a future possibility? Cheers

Richard
    T112/IDr48

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Tuejo/Stix

This could be a feature for the future, MIDI support for MIX/SEL/Pan functions has now been added to the feature request list for future firmware.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Thanks Sam – plus PAFL, don’t forget PAFL! This would be great for backstage radio mic monitoring where tech only needs to listen to channels.

Cheers
    Stix

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.