ZED 12-FX Newbie Questions

Forums Forums Other A&H products ZED 12-FX Newbie Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jdubs
    Jdubs
    Participant

Greetings. I just got the A&H Zed-12FX and I am slowly getting used to it. It will be used for live performance with backing tracks supplied by my computer. I was wondering if someone can explain why there are two level control pots for the stereo channels as shown on the attached drawing. Is one for the USB return signal and the other for the line inputs?

THanks
    Jdubs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The Stereo Return and the Stereo Input are two separate inputs. The returns can be sent directly to the main LR mix and you use the the return level control for the mix level.
    You can also send the return to the channel strip and it will combine with the
    stereo input, you would use the the two level controls to adjust the mix balance
    between the two inputs and the channel fader would control the main level.

Profile photo of Jdubs
    Jdubs
    Participant

I have a follow-up question. What is the Alt out? It doesn’t appear to be a “mix” since you can’t assign channels to it. Is this different source than the Main LR output, or the MONO output?
    Thanks
    JW

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The ALT OUT has a level control and recessed selector buttons to make it either pre or post LR or monitor/PFL outputs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.