Which iPad best for Qu-16?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Which iPad best for Qu-16?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-B John-B 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Is the iPad mini too small? Which would be the best iPad to get to remote control the Qu-16?
    Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have played with it on a regular iPad. I have planned on getting a mini for myself. The iPad is my wife’s. I have waited for the new mini with retina display. I did download the app onto a regular mini recently at a Best Buy store. The app looked good and I think it will be fine on that size screen. So right now I am waiting till they get a 32G Space Grey in stock. So far they have not. Walmart either.

Will use it on QU and GLD. Mainly to demo to customers who want that feature.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you very much! I will try out the iPad mini then.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Of course the bigger screen would be better probably but I think you won’t be disappointed. If you can and there is a place you can try it do that first.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I got an iPad mini retina today. I loaded the QU pad and GLD remote on it. I think it will be fine just looking at the demo on it. Have not had a chance to connect to consoles. If they get the channel naming thing working on the QU it will certainly be a lot better.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I have a ipad 3 and uses it a lot for setup monitoring! i think it is too big to handle easy.. ipad mini would probably be better.. but i don’t know about the screen size.. i think it’s still OK!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I use a case a bit like this for when I go on stage or around the room with my iPad. Makes it very easy to carry & use.

Edit – can’t get link to work….

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

Worked for me, Mark. Good idea!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Link’s OK since my edit!

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

does anyone know if the higher resolution Ipads 3 and 4 show more of the qu pad app?

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

I don’t know about that, but I just got the new iPad Air (also retina display). also has way more CPU power than previous iPads, and hope fully will result in better battery life, as first time I used au-pad, it was on a 3rd gen. iPad. Worked very well, but my battery life took a bight with all the processing going on! Looking forward to trying the new one out on a gig soon.

Hope this helps,
    John

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.