Wasted Matrixes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Wasted Matrixes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SpicerBob SpicerBob 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

We have a mix that needs to be fed to an overflow hall, a lobby, a creche room and loop amp. Currently this mix has its own output to the hall and sends to the 3 matrixes for the other three outputs. This seems like a terrible waste of matrixes as each of these signals are identical. So what I really want to do is just send that one mix to four outputs, but I don’t think that’s possible. Is there a better way of doing this on the SQ? If not can anyone recommend an external hardware means of splitting the mix XLR output to four XLRs?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Phil Driscoll
    Phil Driscoll
    Participant

In the IO grid, you can send a mix to as many outputs (local and remote) as you like.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes, I agree with Phil. You can patch anything just about anywhere. However, if you don’t want to tie up the physical outputs then you could use an XLR splitter like the Whilwind Split6. I don’t have hands on experience with this unit but the products they make are generally pretty solid and reliable.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Split6–whirlwind-split-6

Profile photo of SpicerBob
    SpicerBob
    Participant

Thanks Phil, I don’t know I missed that! I’ll put it down to a senior moment…

And thanks mfusa for pointing me towards the whirlwind splitter. It’s good to know I have a second option!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.