v1.11 Show saved to USB from Avantis does not restore correctly to Director

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting v1.11 Show saved to USB from Avantis does not restore correctly to Director

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of adeattheback adeattheback 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of adeattheback
    adeattheback
    Participant

Feels as though I must be doing something basically very wrong, but I’m trying to reassure myself that my backups are actually useful, not least before upgrading to more recent firmware. So, I go to Utilities->Memory and back up a show to USB. According to the documentation, I think this should also back up all scenes and library files? But when I use the USB stick to load the show back in to Director, big chunks seem to be missing. The left bank is all there, but the right bank is finding an old configuration from some months ago from somewhere. The recent scenes saved on the console aren’t showing, and there are no library files.

Much the same thing happens when I use Director online to the console and copy the show across from Avantis to Director using the manage shows menu option. Once the console goes offline, I’m left with what looks like a very old backup. I’ve tried deleting all the user shows from Director, restarting and repeating and it just reverts back to the same state. I think it looks like a Director issue rather than an Avantis one, but I don’t have a spare Avantis to hand to try restoring the backup too, and I’m not feeling sufficiently brave to delete the show from the console and then try restoring it given that I don’t know just where the problem lies!

Any pointers for me to try would be very welcome, thank you

Profile photo of adeattheback
    adeattheback
    Participant

Well, actually it does everything that it should… but what I hadn’t realised is that any changes made to the configuration/scenes are only held in the desk memory until they are committed to a particular show using the Store or Overwrite buttons. Fortunately, I haven’t had to rely on a backup and had been delaying a firmware update, otherwise I would have been rebuilding everything from scratch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.