Using Single Main (L) – will CQ18T convert Stereo->Mono?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Using Single Main (L) – will CQ18T convert Stereo->Mono?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mfusa mfusa 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of amoricanseth
    amoricanseth
    Participant

Hi there, I’ve had my CQ-18T for a few months now and am generally very happy with it. I have a couple of upcoming gigs at a small venue where more than a single powered speaker is not logistically possible or acoustically desirable. We’re only putting vocal mics through the mains, but I do put on music between sets via BlueTooth. I would prefer to connect my single EV-ZLX12 to the L Main XLR output.

My question/concern is: Will I only get the Left channel of the Bluetooth stereo signal in this configuration, assuming nothing is connected to the Main R output, or will the mixer handle the stereo->mono conversion? If it doesn’t do that out of the box, is there a way to configure it that way?

Thanks!

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

To my knowledge, there is no way to bridge the LR output down to mono on CQ. Mono inputs, that are not panned, won’t be a problem but, as you said there is no way for you to guarantee that (what comes in on Bluetooth Stereo) will have an equal image on L and R from within the mixer itself. I just did some testing on my CQ with audio files that had only L and R components and don’t see a way to do what you are asking for.

However, I’m using the an iPhone as my bluetooth source and there is a setting under accessibility/Audio&Visual where you can turn Mono audio on. Can I suggest the making the audio mono at the source will be your easiest path here?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.