Using my qu 24 as interface

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Using my qu 24 as interface

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hvsamur
    hvsamur
    Participant

Hello everyone. I just bought a QU 24, and I tried to do some recordings with it using the board as an interface with Pro tools. I had a problem setting up levels for the mics. According to the board, I was opening the gain at about +24db, and when I put the track to PAFL to check the levels, it was reaching the +12 and almost hitting the red. However, in my pro tools session, the meters were showing about -15 to -8db. Does someone know what to do to have about the same levels in both the board, and pro tools? Thanks!!!!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Read the levels correctly – 0dBFS is marked as +18 or so on the desk, which makes transitioning from an analogue desk easier.

Sorry – that was really curt, and it didn’t need to be. I’m tired, and fighting a major development which is being rammed down the collective throats of our community.

The scales are different, you need to compare OdBFS on each – and they’ll be the same…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.