USB Output – only Post options available

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting USB Output – only Post options available

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Headfirst7491 Headfirst7491 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SLVlive
    SLVlive
    Participant

I’m trying to use the CQ-18T for PA at conferences and recording/live streaming at the same time. On my other mixers the USB audio output comes from the input levels. So I set the audio levels using the input gain/faders and this sets the recording/live stream audio levels. Then I adjust the main l/r output fader to set the PA speaker audio in the room.

On the CQ-18t it seems that the USB audio is tied to the main output levels and not the input levels. This is a problem and I cannot figure out how to configure it so I can independently set the audio levels for the venue and for the recording/live stream. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of SLVlive
    SLVlive
    Participant

Partial solution:
    I think I figured out how to get something similar to what I want but there is still room for improvement in this workflow as I am having to adjust input levels for both the mains and output 1/2.

I set the USB channel assignment 23/24 (Stereo L/R) to Out 1/2.
    Then in the outputs I set Out 1/2 to stereo link
    Then on the fader I clicked on sends to 1/2 and set each input to 0db

Now I get audio to my computer (vMix for record and livestream).

This isn’t ideal because now I have to do everything twice (mute mics and adjust input levels). I wish there was a way to send the mains to the output. Maybe there is an I haven’t figured it out yet. I’ll keep playing but figure I should document this for my own future reference and in case it can help someone else.

Profile photo of SLVlive
    SLVlive
    Participant

I think I have it figured-out now. The input mute applies across the outputs and mains, so when I need to mute a mic for the mains (PA speakers), it will mute to my USB recording/livestream. I can still adjust the levels of the mains and usb/output 1&2 independently.

Crossing my fingers now as I take the unit out on a live show tomorrow for the first time.

Profile photo of Headfirst7491
    Headfirst7491
    Participant

you can set the fader level to zero and not mute the channel. you will still get the input in the daw

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.