Two track playback

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Two track playback

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psikes psikes 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Okay, so I moved the record over to matrix 1/2 and am now getting decent levels to the thumb drive. I am able to get them into Audacity for some preliminary work and am pretty happy with what we are capturing. Now my problem is after I move the .WAV files to the playback directory I go to play one on the Qu 32 and even though all of the files are there, they play but no sound. Remember I am a newbie on the QU 32 as well as to digital mixers altogether. Do I need to re route the input on the two track or am I just missing something entirely

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Did you export from Audacity at 24bit 48kHz? You have to select the custom ffmpeg export option for this.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I didn’t export at all, I simply copied the files to the playback directory. The timer displays the file is being played but there is no strength on the meters and no sound in the mains.

Phil

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

A couple of thing to check:

– Is Qu-Drive enabled? Select a channel, go to Processing and press the Fn key. Change the Global USB Source to Qu-Drive.
    – Qu-Drive Stereo Playback goes to input ST3, is that sourced from USB? In the same view as above, select ST3 and change its source to USB.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks Alex, I will check those things the next time I am at the console. Hopefully Saturday.

Phil

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Thanks Alex, that was the problem for sure. Playing music from the thumb drive and loving it.

Phil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.