SUBWOOFER OUT

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions SUBWOOFER OUT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PRHODE
    PRHODE
    Participant

Hello,

What out do you use for your subwoofer(s)? My old Presonus
    mixer had dedicated XLR mono out that I used for my Subs.

Thanks

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

If you use an active PA system the sub itself would have an built in X-over to prevent the tops from damage, of if you used an passive system, you would either use something like an DBX driverack or power amps that have built in x-overs. No need to have an sub-out on the desk.

Hope that helps

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If I choose to run subs from their own output, it’s usually because I want to have greater control over what’s sent to them, so I tend to go for one of the mix outs – setting that mix to be post fade on each channel.

If you just want a mono version of the main mix, this is one of the options available (twice) from the Alt outs.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi PRHODE,

There isn’t a dedicated Main mono output socket on the Qu, however the Alt Out and a dSnake output can be configured to be a mono sum of the LR bus.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of necos
    necos
    Participant

Hi Prhode, i don’t feed sub from main out, I use aux 9-10 for.
    Thus i have complete control on sub vs top and they don’t interfere with each other. Many pro sound engineers use this technique.
    I use 4 QRX218s powered by few crest CA12 connected to EP1 crossover.
    Other AUXs can be used as well which is easy configuraiton on QU or any other mixer.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

As others above have stated, I use a separate MIX buss out for subs. That way I can choose what channels go to the subs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.