streaming background noise

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting streaming background noise

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jharp
    jharp
    Participant

we are streaming for our church. while streaming, there is this background noise. How do we get rid of it?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What type of noise? Hiss, hum, ticks and pops?
    How are you connecting to your streaming equipment ?
    Post a link so we can hear listen to the noise.

Profile photo of jharp
    jharp
    Participant

its a hissing noise. but im not sure about the connection. i can get back to you shortly

Profile photo of jharp
    jharp
    Participant

here is the link to the streaming. You will want to go to the morning service of February 12, 2023
    the connections we use is: board XLR Output>XLR Camera Input>Camera HDMI Output> BlackMagic Design ATEM mini>Computer.
    https://www.facebook.com/toglorifygodincummingga?__cft__%5B0%5D=AZW2PAE4WlUsJWqVjZhHvHL-LsaRr-4Qs7PQjdQ59-KKVFp_fnq7I_FgUYfF16HurlYWESAKn0AEIJg0YbTdU-eu3Gcmxj3Zl-Ql7Yw-qHsQfmfG0odPvmjWJpyBcX52KW5OrUEE-EgUB5o-Ku08OhvYsOEdBTHn9QlRP0QP-ImJrzicsNO1M99gkhORXm19ngvIc4_Og4AvPdZwkNSBeyHS&__tn__=-%5DC%2CP-R

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @Jharp,

I would recommend:
    – Monitoring your Input channels to ensure that the noise is not coming from any of your mics or sources. You can do this by PAFLing your input channels and listening through the headphone output
    – Make sure you have a good gain structure. This will ensure that you don’t have any unwanted noise floor.
    – If you are outputting the signal from the mixer through an XLR output, which output bus are you outputting? The Main Mix? or have you created a separate Mix for this?, Make sure that your Mix Master Fader is in unity level and that your sent signals are also at a good level.
    – Make sure that the input level at the camera is also the optimum.
    – Monitor the signal coming into the camera by connecting your headphones on the camera to detect if at this point the noise is present.
    – You may test the camera inputs by connecting any other XLR source into it and see if the noise is present, this will help you disregard the possibility of being the camera Input XLR’s sockets that are causing the noise.

Let us know how it goes,
    Cheers.
    Rafael

Profile photo of jharp
    jharp
    Participant

we will try it this Sunday. thank you

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Make sure the camera does not have auto gain control engaged.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In addition to the auto gain suggestion, should your camera have that option also you will want the camera XLR audio input set to line level.

On the ATEM turn off any unused audio inputs.

Profile photo of jharp
    jharp
    Participant

thank you all for the help and advice. i will try to do everything this sunday

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I took a much closer listen to the Feb12th morning video.
    The audio feed itself sounded good, I could hear some hum in the back ground.

Try getting an isolation transformer to put inline between the mixer and the camera.
    It’s not uncommon to need isolation between an audio and video system.

Something like this works well.
    https://www.radialeng.com/product/icecube

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.