SQ5 Unable to record to USB

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 Unable to record to USB

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DR
    DR
    Participant

I am trying to record to USB on my SQ5 and unable to get anywhere. I am using a Samsung Fit Plus based on compatibility indicated by the linked sheet. I format the drive, patch a couple of inputs to the USB, and hit the record button under the SQ Drive menu. So far so good – I see that it is armed with 4 hrs or so of remaining time. But I can’t press play to actually start recording. The button doesn’t respond. I can hit Stop and it disarms the recording, but can’t get the Play button to start the recording.

I assume this is user error, but I’ve tried multiple USB drives that are supposedly compatible based on the sheet, and followed the instructions given in the user manual. Any ideas what I may be missing?

Thank you in advance!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/2/d/e/2PACX-1vSRGk-ihkEh_jdzODLd6bPr8Lwhu-bpMtXEnyHU_EysBZeW2Qc_GjP-yt5p6p-DiIhINqsMKp44nNHJ/pubhtml

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem.
    What else can it be?
    I assume that you have formatted the stick in the SQ and your firmware is up to date.?
    If you have set recording standby using the record button, will flash the record button and also a recording pause symbol at the top right of the display?
    At the same time, the corresponding track name is displayed on the left and the play/pause button is outlined in green?

Whatever you do, please note also the following:
    Please make a backup of important show files from your stick!
    There is a known bug that in rare cases corrupts your show files when recording multitrack.
    That’s what happened to me too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.