SQ MIDI Protocol

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ MIDI Protocol

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jb07 jb07 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

@alex,

Have you created a spreadsheet for the SQ like the one you did for the QU?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@bruce

Can you point us to the Qu spreadsheet?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

could be
    Thanks!

saved them for reference
    really wish AH had ONE document with all this stuff in ONE place so we dont have to hunt for bits and pieces of info

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

No, an Excel Spreadsheet. I already have the Protocol PDFs, and the spreadsheet for QU.

volounteer
    Participant

@bruce

Please provide the Link to spreadsheet for Qu

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Here’s a link for the Qu MIDI Generator which I think is what we’re talking about: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-MIDI-generator.xlsx

@bruce,

I haven’t made one for SQ, but if people would find it useful I’ll certainly have look!

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I didn’t even know that such great MIDI help exists for QU and I would certainly find it useful if it would exist for SQ too!

Best regards,
    Dieter

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

@alex A&H

I sure would love it, been thinking about using Midi to sync a few effects between my SQ, a MA light console and the QLab for sfx and vfx.

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

@alex

I have started creating a new one based on the QU worksheet. I’ll send it to you when I get a bit more of it finished.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

You can find an SQ MIDI Generator here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-MIDI-generator.xlsx

If anyone finds any mistakes or problems, please let me know here or in a message. I’d offer a prize for the first to find something, but I’m afraid Keith has already beaten everyone to it!

Some information for you to be aware of:
    It is possible to get an ‘Invalid’ message in the MIDI Message column. This means that a setting in the row is not possible, like controlling the Fader for IP1 to MTX1 for example.
    To control a mix, DCA or Mute Group (the Aux 1 fader for example), the MASTER option should be used in the TO column.

Enjoy and happy holidays to all!

Alex

volounteer
    Participant

@alex A&H
    Thanks.

Suggest you update the documents to point to it so people dont have to hunt for it should they become aware of it.

Would be nice to click from the PDF users guide to ALL the other related information documents.

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

is it possible to send a midi command (get) which returns the value of the LR vu-meter or of each input ?
    I have try : B0 63 40 B0 62 00 B0 60 7F but it returns me the physical position of IP1 and not the sound level
    thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.