SQ-6 Network Connector?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ-6 Network Connector?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

It won’t help me now, but why, of the three ethernet connectors on the SQ-series, the “NETWORK” connector is the only one that doesn’t have an Ethercon connector in place? Everything in my rig is buttoned up, pretty fail-proof with Neutrik Ethercon connectors EXCEPT the NETWORK out on the SQ-6. What the heck?

Doug

Any chance of re-wiring the Slink connector as the NETWORK connector? Multi-pin ribbon. Probably not; soldered to the PCB?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @tourtelot,

Most routers, AP’s or other networking devices that you would connect the network port to will not have etherCon connections, so most engineers would use a standard RJ45 to RJ45 to connect anyway.
    Also, one of the main benefits of an etherCon connector is that it cannot be pulled out easily, and this is not usually a problem for a local network connection.

If the control network IS disconnected, it will not stop the show (though you would need to go and reconnect it…) the audio network on the other hand is vital!

We do not have etherCon connections for the control network on any of our units, which has never been an issue and so there was no reason to change this when it came to the SQ.

We definitely wouldn’t recommend trying to rewire the network port to the SLink connector. If you really wanted an etherCon for the network, you would need to use a local network to etherCon socket, mounted on a blanking plate or similar.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Okay. I am using my SQ6 as a live recording monitor board and I use the network RJ45 to connect a remote laptop on a second network to the panel. +In my cast, the vulnerable and fragile Ethernet connect is just hanging out the back of the board while the Dante card and the completely un-used Slink connectors are Ethercon. Sure, I could build a little box or plate with the proper connector on it, but I think not having a third Ethercon was an oversight. Otherwise, love the panel.

Doug

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.