SQ-6 MixPad Failed to Connect Socket Sync Timeout

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-6 MixPad Failed to Connect Socket Sync Timeout

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BradM BradM 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BradM
    BradM
    Participant

After adding an SLink expansion card to our SQ-6 and adding an SQ-5 to the setup (primarily as a monitor mixing board via Direct Outs from the SQ-6), we’re having trouble connecting to the SQ-6 with MixPad. We keep getting the error:

failed to connect socket sync timeout

We can reliably connect to the SQ-5 on the same network, so it doesn’t appear to be network-related… They both have valid IP addresses from DHCP on that network. It seems like it’s something within or related to the SQ-6, although we haven’t had this problem this consistently until making the infrastructure change. I’ve seen that error message before, but it was rare and I could always seem to retry and finally connect.

The strangest thing is that initially this morning, before church service started, one of us got connected to the SQ-6 in MixPad, and it stayed connected for well over an hour (maybe 2). I was unable to connect while he was connected. Then after he disconnected, neither one of us has been able to reconnect.

So far we’ve tried rebooting the SQ-6, putting both consoles on a dedicated network, and reseating the LAN network cable on the SQ-6.

Firmware versions:
    SQ-6: 1.5.1 r3927
    SQ-5: 1.5.1 r3927

Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

They both have valid IP addresses from DHCP on that network.

Which? Are you really sure that both consoles have valid IP adresses?

Better practice in this case would be to use fixed IP adresses for the consoles…

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

I had something similar yesterday. I turned DHCP off and then back on on the SQ and everything was good. For some reason it failed to get an IP in the correct range when it booted.

Profile photo of BradM
    BradM
    Participant

@steffenromeiss

Good point about dedicateded IPs. We might try that, but we don’t have a “network admin” and I haven’t gotten access to the network yet to see how it is configured to select the best IPs. Definitely will look into that, though.

We were able to connect to both consoles at one point, and they both continuously showed as available consoles to connect to from the MixPad drop-down menu.

Profile photo of BradM
    BradM
    Participant

@dmeadowcroft

Thanks for the tip! I did actually try that, too. It didn’t solve it for us in the moment, but rebooting the console SEEMED to fix it Sunday after services.

I just noticed we’re not in the latest firmware. I wonder if that might be related?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.