SQ 5 FROZEN DURING LIVE !!! :(

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ 5 FROZEN DURING LIVE !!! :(

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gogos Gogos 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Hello friends,

my SQ5 mixer was frozen yesterday during the event. The situation was the following:
    5 Tablets SQ4You + 1 Tablet SQ Mixpad connected via Wifi. In the beginning, everything worked fine, 3 hours later, nothing was on the mixer operable!
    The buttons did not respond. The faders fell down. The 5 SQ4You Tablets lost Connection. The Tablet with the SQ Mix lost Connection after 5 min. too. So the Mixer was in the ZOMBIE-MODE. The Sound Plays but nothing to controll. This at the moment with 650 dancing guests in the hall !!

What should I do now ? Ask the band for a little break to switch the mixer on and off? And what happens after that? Maybe complete failure of the mixer? Then the event would be over and I would have to answer for it. With the band responsible we decided to keep it running in ZOMBIE MODE. The danger of a total failure was too great.
    After the event, I switched the mixer off and on again. He then worked at first glance. But what about the next gig on Friday? I hope that does not happen again. In the last 6 months I had no problems. After the update to v. 1.3, it happened to me for the first time. I hope that was the first and last time !! Please no more ZOMBIE MODE !!!

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

As you can see in the pictures, the LEDs are also frozen.:(

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Gogos,

I’m sorry to hear you were having trouble.

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com or email support@allen-heath.com for help with this issue.

From your description, it is possible that there may have been an issue with the network causing loss of control on the mixer, so I would like to look further into your setup in terms of the network.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Gogos
    Gogos
    Participant

Thank you Alex, i will start a ticket.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.