Softkey – Momentary Mute Switch

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Softkey – Momentary Mute Switch

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of William
    William
    Participant

Have a press and hold to mute/ press and hold to unmute would be a great addition in my church space. Frequently worship leaders will stop singing and address the congregation mid-song. My biggest use case would be to temporarily mute my effect return until he began singing again.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Another solution is to use a Microphone A/B Output footswitch for the WL. These switches are most commonly used to allow a musician to sing and then have a second “talk back” channel that only goes to the musicians EIM, but it works great to have both channels going through the PA with different settings. Our WL uses one like this and it works great. Not only does the “second” output not have any FX, it is also slightly louder than the “singing” input to ensure he is heard over the band.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Not a bad idea if you have the spare channels, Brian.

I’m more in William’s boat, but with the opposite request… a momentary unmute softkey would be perfect for when you want to send just certain words to a delay or other FX.

Profile photo of Mathias Thunbo
    Mathias Thunbo
    Participant

+1
    Exactly for what Dave wrote.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Delete.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.