single QU24 board with multiple AR84s?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions single QU24 board with multiple AR84s?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mhiland
    mhiland
    Participant

Hi all. I have a QU-24 board installed in my church. We have two separate stage areas and are considering purchasing two AR84s to increase our available inputs and using a dsnake to ease the wiring requirements. My question is: Can we connect multiple AR84s to a single board by running multiple cat5e cables to a router/switch, and then into the QU-24?

Thanks,

Matt

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

dSnake boxes may only be chained through the expander port, an AR84 is always end of the chain. You’ll need an AB168 or AR2412 for the first box.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Given the price difference it might be same to get a single larger stage box, and run analogue between the stages?

Run some cat5 as well, and you can be flexible later.

All depends on the church layout though…

Profile photo of mhiland
    mhiland
    Participant

Thanks y’all! Are these boxes heat resistant? Could I run analog from the stages up to a box in the attic, and the cat5 back to the board?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I don’t know how accessible your attic is, but I would always recommend that a patch box be readily accessible. So if your attic isn’t readily accessible then I wouldn’t recommend putting a stage box in it.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The temperature specs are probably on the A&H site, but electronics always last better when kept cool.

In theory there is no issue with having the stage box hidden and two analogue multicores run out to convenient locations – but if there is an issue it makes it harder to find…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.