Shure Integration – adding another RF device

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Shure Integration – adding another RF device

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Joe 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #107183
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

    Wondering if anyone can help. Years ago, I had no problem adding 6 QLXD receivers when AH made that option available. However, now that the DLive is on v1.93, I’m not able to get it to detect a new Shure RF device. I’ve tried disabling Shure detection and rebooting and then redetecting, but it only sees the original 6 devices. I believe that I have all of the network configuration settings correct and all of the relevant devices are on the latest firmware version.

    Please refer to the attachment ‘Shure network summary report’ and what is detected in the ‘DLive Wx’ attachment. The IP address of the device which isn’t being seen by the DLive is 192.168.0.116.

    The CDM32 MixRack is 192.168.0.71.
    The S5000 Console is 192.168.0.72.

    I’m trying to isolate the issue. I’m wondering if it is a new bug in the DLive firmware, or if the newly purchased Shure QLXD receiver is defective, or if it is just something stupid on my end.

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #107189
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

    Just an idea… Is the receiver on the right network mode?
    I failed on that many times already.

    #107198
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

    Thanks, that was my thought at first. Hovever, the QLXD series dosn’t have Dante. Therefore, I don’t see a spot to change the network mode. I guess I can with check Shure support. I was hoping to get confirmation from other users if 1.93 works to add new Shure RF devices.

    #107237
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

    To clarify, I still haven’t found a solution yet. I presume that since nobody can confirm whether adding a new Shure RF device works on 1.9x, then maybe I’m the first to hit this roadblock. A&H support would like me to open a ticket in order to trouble-shoot it further.

    #107258
    Profile photo of Daan
    Daan
    Participant

    Check if the QLXD is in static IP mode or DHCP. If on DHCP, it won’t show up on your dlive.
    this might help: https://pubs.shure.com/guide/QLXD/en-US#c_02557EB7-77C5-D7C4-1961-A21D989D4C64

    #107259
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

    Nice try, but not any help for my situation because it’s already using manual static IP as shown in the attachment of the original post. The network summary report shows that every setting is the same except for the actual static IP address ending number “.116”. (and the MAC address is also obviously different)

    I even went as far as disconnecting a working unit and then changed the new unit to that IP address and it still didn’t recognize it. It is as if the 1.9x firmware is only remembering the MAC addresses of the existing devices that were configured before the Sennheiser feature was added.

    #107260
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

    For anyone else stumbling onto this thread, I’ve heard that Shure may have changed the device ID codes on some new units due to supply chain constraints. A&H will likely provide a future firmware update that will be able to recognize the new ID codes.
    An indicator is probably the MAC address. My older units start with “00:0E:DD:4B”, whereas the newer unit starts with “00:0E:DD:A0”.

    #107289
    Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

    I have a dLive on 1.93 that was just able to detect 2 new ULXD receivers, if that’s helpful.

    #107624
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

    I can confirm that I have this exact same problem. We originally had 4 QLXD4 units and they were detected without issue. We purchased them >6 months ago. We ended up adding 7 more QLXD4’s a few weeks ago and none of them are detected by the DM48. I have verified that all devices are on the same subnet and configured the same. The router is assigning DHCP and can see the devices from that aspect. I have an iMac connected to the same subnet as well and it can see all of the devices and I actually configured them through WWB from this iMac. WWB can see all the devices without issue.

    #107625
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

    I verified the hardware ID from the mac addresses are the same across the board 00:0E:DD. Joe, in your description about how Shure may have changed the hardware ID (or the OUI), you are showing a difference, but the hardware ID is the first three octets. The last three are part of the network device identifier. Each device would have a unique ID in the last 3 octets. IMHO, I can’t see a reason why Shure or A&H would be honing in on the first 3 octets of the OUI and the first octet of the device identifier.

    #107626
    Profile photo of Joe
    Joe
    Participant

    Thanks for the confirmation. Regardless of what we think about the issue, the good news is that A&H is already working to solve the issue in their next maintenance release. We just need to be patient.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.