Showing post preamp Level's at Meters page

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Showing post preamp Level's at Meters page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Smalldevel Smalldevel 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smalldevel
    Smalldevel
    Participant

I’d would be great if I can see the ‘reel’ input levels on Meter page. Actually I only can see it post Dynamics.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Interesting.
    @keithjah, I don’t see the meter pick point on the reference guide block diagram. Where does it come from?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

The channel meters are shown on the meters screen and by the chromatic channel meters on the channel strips.

I’ve marked them in the block diagram screenshot attached.

Cheers,
    Keith

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Ah, I didn’t twig that the meter page just used the channel meters. Makes sense.

Smalldevel
    Participant

Hey Keith,

Thanks for your answer. Yes that’s exactly what it actually does.

In some big orchestras or Bands it ca be really helpful to see the levels after Preamp. So you can find quickly any problems with overdrive. In another situation it can be helpful at the start from a show. You can quickly see if all channels have an Input, or there is maybe a problem with a cable. Thanks

Profile photo of peterm2
    peterm2
    Participant

I myself hardly ever use the Meters option because I find it cluttered: 32 channels at the same time in a small screen. I would find it more useful if you could see the input levels per (for example) 8 channels: larger and more detailed. And the channels in the same order as the currently active fader bank. That way you can see at a glance, for example, whether all your vocals have the same volume. Now you really have to look closely.

Profile photo of Steffen
    Steffen
    Participant

I agree, it would be very nice to be able to define a individual sorting of the channels shown on the meters page (or at least to follow the sorting of the strip assignment on the desk).

Smalldevel
    Participant

Okay,

I understand this wish. It ca ben helpful. But my wish for that future suggestion, is a possibility to change the picking Point for the channel meter. For the hole console, or for each channel

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@smalldevel
    at least three positions selectable come to mind

post preamp/pre gate
    pre fader/post delay
    post fader

The first option would solve the problem with the automix as well.

Smalldevel
    Participant

@SteffenR

+1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.