Saving a scene.

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Saving a scene.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of topgunn66 topgunn66 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SALC
    SALC
    Participant

Saving a scene. Is it possible to save just scenes (mixer setups) without saving it as a “SHOW”?

Profile photo of BruceOrl
    BruceOrl
    Participant

Not sure I am following you. HOME tab then SCENES from top sub menu brings up page to store/recall scenes. I believe they store to the current show loaded in the mixer.

Sorry if I’m dense. Was that close, or something else?

Profile photo of SALC
    SALC
    Participant

Not sure if you can save JUST scenes, or do they have to be inside a SHOW ?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi,

You can save just a scene if that is what you want to do.

Profile photo of Jke
    Jke
    Participant

You could create a new show and save to usb if you don’t want your scene saved to the current one?
    I believe show is like the root in the hierarchy.

Profile photo of SALC
    SALC
    Participant

How do you save just a scene to the USB A Drive? I don’t see that as an option. Culd you go into greater detail?

BruceOrl
    Participant

I’ve played around with this today on my CQ20B and it appears that Scenes exists only within the Show they were created under.
    This is unlike a library which can exist independently and moved freely back and forth from a USB drive and into the current show.

The good news is that it appears there’s not much overhead on the data being stored, and moving between shows and libraries seems to be quick and I like that.
    I can live with this quite well for my uses as they aren’t too complicated.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

You can save scenes without having to create a show file.

Click on Home and then click on the Scenes tab. There you can store a new scene, overwrite an existing one, recall an already saved scene or rename and/or delete.

Simple! πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Profile photo of SALC
    SALC
    Participant

Hi thanks, but thats what I’m asking. Asking can you save just scenes on the USB A thumb drive.
    It seems you can only store shows on it.

Have you saved just scenes on the USB A thumb drive, without saving it as a show?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

No, but I can look into that tomorrow when I have the mixer in front of me. I know I can save scenes to a thumb drive on my QU.

BruceOrl
    Participant

No doubt you can save scenes, however, scenes seem to exist only under the show they are created under–up to 100.

You will see the file structure on a USB thumb drive that will display the show and the components inside. Scenes are stored inside the show they were created under.

Now, if you’ll look at the file structure, you’ll see a scene folder in the root, but its empty. Maybe there’s a road map to make them independent or able to be imported.

Profile photo of RTonk
    RTonk
    Participant

FYI, if you factory reset, you lose all ‘user’ stored scenes, EQ’s, and FX’s. Save them before.

Profile photo of SALC
    SALC
    Participant

You cannot save a single scene (seens strange), only as a show.

Profile photo of topgunn66
    topgunn66
    Participant

Agreed on there should be a simple way of saving a scene to an USB. at least be able to know your current scenes are save on the show that is created on the USB. once I figured out this was the method (create a show on the USB and then the scenes will show up there) the only way to be sure my scenes were saved was to plug the USB into a 2nd unit we have at the shop. I could see my scenes were there. otherwise how could I know the scenes are there and save to my USB?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.