Save Aux Send Levels as Presets

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Save Aux Send Levels as Presets

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brent H. Brent H. 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PandaXprs
    PandaXprs
    Participant

We’re running monitor sends from FOH, and have multiple vocalists that switch out from week to week. Each week, we have 4-5 out of the 12 vocalists on the roster singing, and they just rotate week to week. I’ve hoped that eventually D-Live would add the ability to save aux send levels as a preset that can be loaded per individual, rather than having to restart each week on everyone’s mix even though we’re only pulling from the same group of 12 vocalists week in and out. ie. If Sandy is on week 1 and 3, rather than setting her mix on week 1, someone else using that pack on week 2, and then week 3 having to reset her whole mix, if we could save Sandy’s levels as a preset and load them into that bus on the weeks she’s in, that would be really helpful.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Look for MixingStation. A much better control app compared to MixPad, that goes way beyond what A&H is willing to offer. Storing mixes included…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You can use scenes on that?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Yeah, but in a scenario where band members and vocalists change week to week, you need like 100 scenes and a couple hours of sorting out all the recall safes and copy/pasting. Seems easier just to be able to save the aux sends as presets.

Profile photo of Harry
    Harry
    Participant

Coming from Digico I was surprised this wasn’t a standard feature, an even more useful scenario for presets that contain mix sends is for quickly pasting a pre built mix to a new IEM or wedge send on a festival or any show really. It is a very useful feature to have.

SteffenR
    Participant

an even more useful scenario for presets that contain mix sends is for quickly pasting a pre built mix to a new IEM or wedge send on a festival or any show really.

You can copy/paste a mix as starting point.

Profile photo of PandaXprs
    PandaXprs
    Participant

This was perfect. We use this every week now, seamless integration! Great recommendation!

Profile photo of Brent H.
    Brent H.
    Participant

I feel like an idiot…how can I copy/paste a mix? I’m sure it’s simple and I’m not thinking straight…can someone explain?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hold down Copy and press the Mix button on the mix channel you want to copy. Hold down Paste and press the Mix button on the target mix channel.

Brent H.
    Participant

Thanks, Nicola. I will give it a try. It doesn’t seem to be working on Director (sends don’t change), but I’ll get in front of the console and try it.

SteffenR
    Participant

It works in Director as well.

If you press a channel’s mix button, you can copy/paste that routing to another channel.
    Reset sets the areas of interest to the default values.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

You’re not an idiot, Brent. There’s too much functionality for every feature to have its own button and, despite A&H’s best (and mostly successful IMHO) efforts, some things just aren’t obvious.

Director is a bit funny WRT the copy/paste keys. You can’t click on two buttons at the same time on a computer, so you’ve gotta pay close attention to when those buttons are engaged.

Brent H.
    Participant

Yes, I got it to work on the console…and finally in Director. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.