Sanity check for a weird issue experienced this morning

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Sanity check for a weird issue experienced this morning

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Dan 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #95441
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

    Hi guys. Hoping someone can give me a sanity check on something very strange I encountered this morning during a pre-service practice @ our church. We have an Avantis running FW version 1.03 (rev 56651) that was started shut down normally on Friday and started up normally this morning, followed by recalling the show we use for service.

    A few minutes into practice I noticed that changes to processing I applied to channels on the right screen were being applied to the channel in the same slot of the left screen, independent of the layer I was on. For example:

    Left screen layer A channels are:

    • Female 1
    • Female 2
    • Male 1
    • Male 2

    Right screen layer A channels are:

    • Grand piano
    • Acoustic Guitar
    • Electric Guitar
    • Bass

    In this scenario if I changed EQ, compressor, insert etc… settings on the grand piano channel the would be reflected on BOTH the grand piano AND female 1! Changing layers made no difference and changes from the left screen would also be mirrored on the right screen.

    The issue seemed to only impact parameters on the screens. Adjusting the fader or mute on on side had no impact on the other side, however I was able to confirm that this wasn’t just a display issue. Audio was being impacted by the changes I made (for example- adjusting the compressor on female 1 would impact the output levels of grand piano).

    I WAS able to resolve the issue by rebooting the console BUT I’m posting this with 2 intentions:

    1. To ask if there are any settings/modes/functions that could produce the issues I was experiencing. If I was being a bonehead and inadvertently enabled something that’s supposed to do this PLEASE let me know so I can avoid it in the future!
    2. To make report the issue having occurred in case this is something A&H has seen and is working on

    One more side note that may or may not be related: the log history consistently shows “internal error” entries at least once or twice immediately following the last time the console has been turned on, or a show loaded. This has happened ever since the console was installed but we haven’t been aware of any issues caused by these errors.

    #95459
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

    One more side note that may or may not be related: the log history consistently shows “internal error” entries at least once or twice immediately following the last time the console has been turned on, or a show loaded. This has happened ever since the console was installed but we haven’t been aware of any issues caused by these errors.

    what kind of errors?

    I WAS able to resolve the issue by rebooting the console

    so it was a temporarly malfunction
    you should report this to your dealer or distributor to double checked by A&H support

    #95462
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

    Thanks Steffen. Thankfully it was temporary. Will definitely be contacting our dealer and/or A&H support though I’m sure they won’t be able to do much besides logging the issue since it seems to be resolved.

    There’s really no detail displayed on the log screen other than “internal error” and a date/time. Maybe there will be more detail if I export the log to a thumb drive. Will have to try that when I’m there next.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.