Routing, Can't find channel 12

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Routing, Can't find channel 12

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mason.N Mason.N 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mason.N
    Mason.N
    Participant

Hey, I am brand switching from Behringer X32 to the Allen & Heath SQ-5. So I am very new to this board. I am running into an issue where I literally have a channel missing and I can’t figure out how to reset or route it back to what it was. IP13 is in the place IP12 is supposed to be. It skips from IP11 to IP13, Ip14 and so on.

I also have a DCA1 in the place IP16 is supposed to be. I can’t seem to reset this either. I’ve been going through the Manual and have been searching through it without much luck in the past couple of days. Nothing looks amiss when I check the routing and I’m at a loss for what to do at this point. Any advice is welcomed. I’ve attached a screenshot of my view. Hopefully I’m just overcomplicating it and it’s easier than I think. Thanks!

Profile photo of Mason.N
    Mason.N
    Participant

Re-uploaded my original screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi Mason,
    go to Setup->Surface->Strip Assign.

There you choose, which channels shall appear on which layer. Maybe you removed Ip12 from the layer accidently?

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Either as Tobi writes, or at some point 11 was set to Stereo, and thus 12 “vanished” from the strip.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I think Soren is probably correct. In A&H world, a stereo linked pair only uses a single fader on the board (which is really nice IMHO). The second channel in the stereo link will “disappear” from the fader layouts when stereo linked and will not reappear unless the channels are unlinked.

There are times where you will find that the preamps for the two stereo links channels are not set the same (or perhaps you need to set them differently for some reason). The good news is that you can still access the preamp controls for the linked pair individually if you go to the routing page and click on the input number at the top. Sometimes you stereo link a pair of inputs, but phantom power wasn’t turned on one channel when it should be, or the phase was flipped on one of the channels, or the gain setting was different, etc. Of course you can also unlink the stereo pair and the preamp controls for both inputs will appear as normal, but it is easier to use this method if you plan to keep the channels in a stereo link but need to change the preamp settings independently for some reason.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

In case 11/12 are paired, 12 will disappear, but there would be a “hole” in the layer…. unless Ip13 has been moved manually to a new position 🙂

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Well I think it has, as you have all 16 faders mapped (with 16 used for the DCA)

Profile photo of Mason.N
    Mason.N
    Participant

Thanks all for the information! That was ridiculously easy and I can’t believe I didn’t find that earlier. Thanks all for your help. Just gotta keep learning the layout of the board.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.